The PSL for Tea Lovers Will Give You Seriously Cozy Vibes
It’s pretty hard to top that fall feeling when the barista hands over your first PSL of the season, but there’s also nothing like spending a chilly Saturday morning right at home. That’s why we set out to combine the best of both worlds with a pumpkin chai latte recipe that gives you all those cozy vibes — without having to change out of your pjs. It’s spicy, sweet, creamy, and lightly laced with that earthy pumpkin flavor. There’s no special equipment required, and it only takes a few simple, clean ingredients — no mystery syrups or sweeteners here. Best of all, you can enjoy it while binging your fave fall TV in bed or whipping up a special weekend breakfast.
Pumpkin Chai Latte
Recipe Notes: You can easily swap out the milk for the non-dairy version of your choice. We topped our lattes with a little frothed milk, but it’s delicious without. For something extra-decadent, you can add a dollop of loosely whipped cream. You’ll want to use canned pumpkin here for the best consistency.
- 4 teaspoons canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- pinch of ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (add more or less to taste)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 whole star anise
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Combine pumpkin, ground cinnamon, and cloves in a medium sauce pan and cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, just until pumpkin is slightly cooked and spices are fragrant.
2. Add maple syrup, water, and milk and whisk thoroughly with the pumpkin mixture until there are no lumps.
3. Add star anise and tea bags and bring to a very gentle simmer. Allow to cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, and remove star anise and tea bags.
5. Stir in the vanilla extract and divide between two mugs.
6. Garnish with an extra dash of cinnamon and enjoy!
Looking for more ways to get cozy this fall? Check out our DIY recipes!
(Photos and recipe via Jessica Smith/Brit+Co)