Down to the Wire: 17 DIY Wire Projects
Glass bottles, chalkboard paint and mason jars are great go-to staples when DIYing. But there’s one material that we think just doesn’t get enough cred. We’re talking about wire. Yup, wire — it’s flexible, it’s durable and it’s versatile. Check out these DIY wire inspirations to get your craft on.
2. Cacti Garden: While some are blessed with a green thumb, not all of us possess this gift. In comes the wire cacti to make our gardening dreams come true. It’s simple and brightens any landscape. (via Justina Blakeney)
3. Wire Word Friendship Bracelets: Take friendship bracelets to the next level. With a printable template to start you off and color combos to help you finish, you’ll be creating these for all your BFFs. (via Brit + Co)
10. Side Table: Why get a plain ol’ coffee table when you can make your own wire side table? This item can hold magazines and books. You’ll be proud to say you made it yourself. (via The DIY Adventures)
11. Decorative Wire Vases: We just love a good vase. While fresh flowers are lovely, they can be a mess to clean up after. Problem solved with these gauge wire and fabric vases filled with faux petals. (via A Beautiful Mess)
13. Mail Baskets: We all know the pain of sorting through mail, figuring out bills and throwing out ads. We’re here to make that easier. These DIY wire baskets easily store important papers, and you can create chalkboard frames for various categories. (via A House Full of Sunshine)
16. Chicken Wire Bracelet: This takes the gold as far as conversation starters go. With strips of ribbon and several inches of chicken wire, your bracelet will be the talk of the party. (via A Subtle Revelry)
What wire DIYs have you created? Let us know in the comments below!