Easter is almost here! And if you’re already suffering from Easter candy overload, never fear. We’re here to help you track down the best candy-free Easter treats for your holiday table. You can embrace the sugar and pastels while taking a break from the candy aisle! Save those Easter eggs and Peeps for later, and try out one of these 20 Easter desserts.
1. Zingy Orange Ginger Carrot Cake with White Chocolate Icing: Carrot cake is an Easter classic. This version gives it an upgrade by adding creamy white chocolate frosting and warm, spicy ginger. (via Sweetapolita)
2. Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treat On A Stick: Genius: Rice Krispie treats that won’t get your hands sticky! And we’re all on the same page that food on a stick makes everything more festive, right? (via Reluctant Entertainer)
3. Raspberry Buttermilk Pie: Autumn pies and summer pies are easy, but for all the pie lovers out there, tracking down a spring pie can be hard. This sweet, buttery, raspberry-laced buttermilk pie fits the bill, and the playful colorful swirls makes it perfect for your Easter table. (via A Cozy Kitchen)
4. Spring Pastel Confetti Cake: Pastel fans, this is the cake for you. Six layers feature six different spring colors. It’s like an Easter party on a cake stand, and the perfect centerpiece/dessert combo for your Easter get-together. (via Brit + Co.)
6. Strawberry Rhubarb and Tarragon Tarte Tatin: ‘Tis the season for strawberry rhubarb treats. A bright, jewel-toned tarte tatin filled with our favorite luscious spring produce makes a gorgeous finale for your Easter. (via Adventures In Cooking)
7. Easter Tea Cakes: These pretty treats would look lovely at brunch and you could even tuck them into an Easter basket. Teacakes are so precious, and the ornate frosting makes them look like tiny Easter gifts from you to your guests. (via Bakers Royale)
8. Swiss Easter Rice Tart: Mix up your Easter dessert game and try a new-to-you traditional Easter recipe, like this swiss Easter rice tart. Custard, rice, ground almonds and lemon zest come together in this magical golden dish. (via Smitten Kitchen)
13. Macaron Ice Cream Sandwiches: Macarons? Delicious. Ice cream sandwiches? Divine. Put them together? We’re obsessed, and those pretty spring shades make them perfect for Easter. (via This Heart of Mine)
14. Brown Betty Bakery Coconut Cake: A tall, gorgeously-iced coconut layer cake feels like Easter, doesn’t it? This classic recipe has all the must-haves — sweet coconut filling, dense cream cheese icing and moist vanilla cake. The results? A swoon-worthy Easter treat. (via Leite’s Culineria)
16. Spring Battenburg Cake: Are you looking for a standing ovation for your amazing baking prowess? Are you in the market for an impressive baking project? Meet Battenburg cake, a special, sophisticated spring treat. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
17. Mini Carrot Cake Cheesecakes: Carrot cake and cheesecake, it’s a match made in dessert heaven. To make these even more festive, you could give them an Easter egg or carrot shape. (via Sugar Cooking)
18. Pavlova With Lemon Curd and Fresh Berries: Pavlova feels like spring — light, airy and sinfully sweet. Top it with rich lemon curd and fresh berries, and you have the perfect dessert for the season. (via Chow)
19. Raspberry, Pistachio and Vanilla Semifreddo: Raspberries, pistachios and pastels — these are a few of our favorite spring things! Semifreddos look so glam and are stunningly simple to put together. Your Easter guests will be thoroughly impressed. (via PBS)
20. Grasshopper Brownies With White Crème de Cacao Ganache: Just because you skipped the candy doesn’t mean you don’t need an Easter chocolate fix! Grasshopper brownies feature the perfect combo of soft Easter pastels and some serious chocolate. (via Wicked Good Kitchen)
What’s your favorite Easter treat? Let us know in the comments!