18 Pastel Manicures to Wear on Easter Weekend
Between creative Easter egg projects, planning Easter egg hunts and brunching your heart out, you’re going to want to dress to impress for the upcoming spring holiday — right down to your nail art. And what better way to put your expert egg decorating skills to use than by creating some next-level Easter nail art? Think: everything from cartoon bunny ears to candy-inspired speckles and spring pastels galore. Rest assured that you need not be a nail connoisseur to create an Insta-worthy design of your own. Some well-placed swirls, and you’re already halfway there! Scroll down for 18 egg-cellent manis that will add major panache to your Easter Sunday attire.
1. Egg Shell Nails: This colorful, cracked egg shell mani is as sophisticated as it gets — and it doesn’t have to be restricted to just Easter. Between wedding season and spring break, you’ll have no shortage of opportunities to dazzle everyone with this cutting-edge design. (via Byrdie)
2. Easter Nail Art: Cue the awwws with some bunny nail art that’s more cute than cheesy. The polka dots, palette of soft pastels and peek-a-boo accent nail is definitely worthy of a chocolate bunny (or two). (via Pshiiit)
3. DIY Watercolor Nail Art: Make a splash on Easter Sunday with this painterly manicure that will put you in a spring state of mind. To recreate it on your own, select a palette of colors and start splattering away — the messier, the better! (via Brit + Co)
4. Pastel Easter Egg Nails With a Twist: This cheery egg mani — consisting of pastel polish, a few dots and some playful squiggles — is the epitome of spring traditions. It’ll take you from a springtime jaunt to a potluck dinner just like that. (via Julep)
5. Rainbow of Pastel Hues: Do it for the ‘gram! If you’re short on time, don’t hesitate to gather inspiration from your favorite Easter candies (jelly beans! Peeps!). Opt for a punchy color block design, or go full-on rainbow by painting each of your digits a different hue. (via @studiodiy)
6. Yellow Chicks: Pass up the opportunity to sport cute yellow chickadees on our nails? Not a chance! Start by applying two coats of an opaque yellow polish, and then proceed to paint (or stamp on) a set of eyes and a triangle beak. It’s that easy. (via Kitsch Snitch)
7. DIY Faberge Egg Nails: For a mani with international flair, try this ornate Fabergé egg-inspired design that will straight-up stun at any number of formal Easter affairs. Take note: Patience and a steady hand are required to establish those fine criss-cross lines. (via Park & Cube)
8. Dainty Triangles: When overly cliché Easter designs grow stale, keep it peachy keen with this minimalist mani that’s worthy of festival season. The gold triangle accents are a simple touch that won’t go unnoticed — especially when you throw some ring bling into the mix. (via @karengnails)
9. Bunnies and Carrots: Our favorite fluffy white bunny is in the house! The juxtaposition between the mint green nails and bright orange carrots is as spring-y as it gets. Throw in a dainty white eyelet dress and you’ll be Easter Sunday-ready in no time. (via Do Want Makeup)
10. Rose Quartz and Serenity Swirls: As far as pastel hues go, Rose Quartz and Serenity can do no wrong. Add in some psychedelic swirls for a harmonious mani that can be worn well through spring (and beyond). (via @chelseaqueen)
11. Outlined French Mani: Take it there with this alternative Easter mani that’s a modern update on your traditional French tips. Just think how fab your nails will look when you’re sipping mimosas at brunch. (via @chelseaqueen)
12. Gold Speckled Easter Egg Nails: Pull out all the stops with this snazzy gold leaf mani that’s perfect for the hostess with the mostess (who may or may not have an egg decorating contest up her sleeve). These bedazzling digits would look ah-mazing with a coral chiffon gown, a blush pink accordion pleat skirt — you name it. (via Chic Steals)
13. Negative Space Pastel Mani: Spring forward with this negative space mani that’s reminiscent of a bouquet of your favorite blooms. Use washi tape to create a streamlined outline that can be admired up close and from afar. (via @paintboxnails)
14. Eggcellent Easter Nails: Scrambled or over easy? This punny nail design is a guaranteed conversation starter that will rack up the compliments on Insta (and IRL). (via @nailpolishaddictsanonymous)
15. Ombre Pastel Nails for Easter: Dreamy pastel gradient nails for Easter? We’re so down. For a unique ombre design of your own, use a sponging technique to bring all of your favorite cotton candy and sorbet hues to life. (via So Nailicious)
16. Easter Egg Nails: When it comes time to pose for your fam’s annual Easter photos, you know that you’ll want your pretty digits to be front and center (especially for those close-up shots). With a few carefully painted squiggles, this spectacular egg mani can be yours. (via Byrdie)
17. Three-Tone Easter Egg Mani: This three-tone mani has us color crushing hard. Can you blame us? Going beyond spring, the punchy wave design will be just as fitting for an upcoming tropical vacay. (via Beauty Editor)
18. Minimalist Speckled Nails: You better believe it: Your favorite speckled Cadbury mini eggs are officially in nail form. For the beauty hack of the century, simply swipe a coat of black speckled polish over an ombre base (like lilac, robin’s egg blue or pastel pink) — and voilà. (via Burkatron)
How will you be painting your nails for Easter? Follow us on Pinterest for more colorful nail inspiration.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)