11 Fruit Boats That Are *Almost* Too Pretty to Eat
Summertime means fresh produce, and whether served savory or sweet, fruit will always be a go-to warm-weather treat. We love finding creative uses for our summer fruit bounty (watermelon ice cubes, anyone?), especially when the end product looks almost as good as it tastes. So head to your farmers’ market, fill up that cute DIY tote you made and get ready to get creative with these fruit boat recipes. After trying these 11 mouthwatering dishes, you’ll never want to eat out of a glass bowl again.
1. Skinny Banana Cream Pie Boats: This banana boat is a healthy take on the classic banana split, but don’t be fooled — just because it’s half the calories doesn’t mean it’s not filled with sweet flavor. (via The 36th Avenue)
3. Peach Bowls With Coconut Ice Cream: Looking for a quick and easy dessert that can feed a group? You can fill these peach bowls with ice cream of any flavor to give your guests some one-of-a-kind options. (via Style Me Pretty)
4. Melon Ball Berry Salad With Lime Raspberry Dressing: Melon balls are a natural for the summer, but throwing them in with some berries and a tangy dressing is a total game-changer. Swap in whatever berries you have on hand to keep that market haul from going to waste. (via Mariah’s Pleasing Plates)
7. Dragon Fruit Salad: Need an easy, healthy and refreshing snack to stave off the hungry while you’re lounging by the pool? All you need is a dragon fruit, a pomegranate and some lime juice to make this cooling fruit salad. (via Cooking With Thas)
8. Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Boats: If you’re more of a carnivore, no worries — we got you covered. This teriyaki chicken dish, featuring the added tanginess of pineapple, will have you feeling like you’re sitting in your fave Japanese joint. (via BuzzFeed)
9. Tropical Papaya Boats: This recipe is all about DIYing. Choose your favorite toppings and start scooping them into a seeded papaya half for a unique dish that everyone can personalize. (via Minimalist Baker)
10. Thai Baked Pineapple Fried Rice: Okay, we know fried rice is always a good idea, but throwing it into a pineapple boat and tossing in some cashews? That makes for a meal you’ll hope never ends. (via Leelalicious)
11. Pineapple Salsa: We know mango salsa is all the rage right now, but trust us — you’re going to want to try this one too. The pineapple adds a certain bite that mango just can’t compete with. (via The Gunny Sack)
Follow us on Pinterest for more summery fruit recipe ideas.