Totes for All: 26 Stylish Tote Bags to DIY
A girl can never have too many bags, right? When you’re rushing out the door juggling handfuls of tiny things, it’s nice to have a cute bag to grab! The tote is the perfect go-to bag because it can travel with you to the grocery store or beach and is still stylish enough to run errands. Plain totes come pretty cheap so you can customize them to fit your outfits or just start from scratch and DIY a whole new bag. If you’re in need of a tote, you should “totes” check out these DIYs to find the perfect one to carry your stylish stuff.
4. Spotty Gold Tote Bag: It’s gold and mint and polka dotted! How could this not be the perfect tote? This tutorial uses a thrifted leather jacked for the material, but you could use leather scraps or go with vinyl for a vegan option. (via My Poppet)
6. Handwriting Tote: Embrace your own handwriting with this personalized tote. Quotes, lyrics and favorite thoughts look beautiful when handwritten, and they’re the perfect touch to a plain tote bag. (via Clones ‘n’ Clowns)
7. Neon Dipped Tote Bag: For the ultimate makeover, turn a canvas tote into a plastic one! Just use a plastic coating spray and go crazy with neon and ombre — two trends we’re still not tired of! (via Madigan Made)
9. Market Bag: If you have an old coffee bag or burlap bag sitting around, by all means make this rustic tote! Wouldn’t it just look perfect filled up with fresh veggies and flowers? (via The Merry Thought)
10. Embroidered Cat Tote Bag: Even if you’re not a cat lady, how cute is this kitty bag! If your tote has pockets, you could embroider all kinds of cute animals peeking out for the same effect. (via The Pink Samurai)
11. Tribal Details: This tutorial comes with a downloadable stencil, so you can cover your tote in colorful little arrows. Put them all over or create a cool symmetrical design. (via Little Yellow Couch)
15. Glitter Heart Tote: Show some serious love with this sparkly heart tote. These are a breeze to make and would be adorable bridesmaids gifts or little gift bags for a special party. (via Sarah Hearts)
16. Spray Dyed Totes: Spray dye is so much fun to play with that you’ll want a whole collection of totes sporting the look! You can experiment with light and dark colors, different patterns or tape off different sections for a cool color block look. (via Brit + Co)
19. Aztec Tote Bags: DIY your own stamps out of sponges for this rugged, boho look! You could plan out a design beforehand or just go stamp crazy and have fun creating a crazy pattern. (via Bespoke Bride)
21. Weekend Tote: Pick a color palette and invite all your friends over for a tote making party. Each person can make a different style with the same hues, so you’ll all be same-same, but different. (via Brit + Co)
24. Add Leather Straps: Repurposing is the bomb, and it’s so much fun when the revamp makes things look more expensive, like this DIY leather strapped tote bag. If you already have a bag that you love, just dress it up with some elegant leather handles to give it a whole new look. (via Sugar and Cloth)
25. Easter Tote Bag: Just because we made it as a grown-up Easter basket, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy it all year round! The pretty floral pattern in the perfect accent to the soft gold dipped base. (via Brit + Co)
What kind of bag do you carry around the most? Do you tote or prefer something with more pockets? Talk to us in the comments below!
Scene: It's a few days before Thanksgiving and you've just found out you're hosting your pod's Friendsgiving, kids and all — help! Well, you've come to the right place because together with Camp by Walmart, we're showing you how to put together a beautiful DIY Thanksgiving tablescape in a few easy-to-recreate steps. Even the kids can get in on the fun as you learn how to design pumpkin-printed placemats or a glittering table runner in this choose-your-own-adventure crafting video. Head on over to Camp by Walmart to watch it now.