This Colorful Quinoa Bowls Recipe Will Be Your New Favorite Gluten-Free Dinner!
It often seems that your dinner can be healthy, tasty or easy to make, but not all three. With these herbed quinoa bowls, you don’t have to choose! They’re super simple to cook, they make a delicious dinner, they’re gluten free and when something is that colorful, you know it’s good for you ;) Feel free to change up the vegetables depending on what’s in season (hello, summer veggie recipes!) or what you have in the fridge, and swap the egg for an alternative protein if you fancy a change.
- — 1 red onion
- — 1/2 medium zucchini
- — 1 bell pepper (I used yellow)
- — 1 small sweet potato
- — 8 cherry tomatoes (or plum tomatoes)
- — 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- — salt
- — black pepper
- — 1/2 cup quinoa
- — 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- — 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- — 1 handful each fresh parsley and fresh coriander (cilantro) — fresh basil would also work
- — 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- — 2 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit (Gas Mark 5 / 190° Celsius). Peel and dice the red onion, then dice the zucchini and bell pepper. Dice the sweet potato slightly smaller than the other vegetables, since it's a little harder. Leave the cherry or plum tomatoes whole.
2. Toss the vegetables in a little cooking oil with a good pinch of salt and pepper, and spread them out on a baking tray. Roast for around 30 minutes, stirring once halfway, or until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
3. Meanwhile, rinse your quinoa, then boil it in a pan with plenty of water until it is soft and fluffy, and the spiral-shaped germ has detached (it should take around 15 – 20 minutes). Drain and set aside.
4. Add the pine nuts and small clove of garlic to a mini food processor and blitz to form a crumb. Add a good handful of fresh herbs and a pinch of salt and pepper, and blitz again until the herbs are finely chopped. Add the extra virgin olive oil and blitz once more to combine.
5. Add the herb mixture to the drained quinoa and mix well.
6. Heat a little cooking oil in a pan and fry the two eggs to your liking. When the vegetables are ready, serve them with the herbed quinoa and fried eggs.
What are your go-to healthy dinners? Share your ideas on Twitter @BritandCo!
- 20 Scrumptious Stuffing Recipes That Go Beyond the Box - Brit + Co ›
- Brunch O'Clock: 18 Boss Eggs Benedict Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 51 Friendsgiving and Thanksgiving Side Dishes for Every Feast ... ›
- 18 Healthy Thanksgiving Recipes Guests Will Want to Gobble Up ... ›
- 20 Bookmark-Worthy Dinner Recipes to Inspire You to Cook Tonight ... ›
- 15 Healthy Dinners You Should Resolve to Make in the New Year ... ›
- From Couscous to Quinoa, 25 Fresh Lettuce-Free Salads - Brit + Co ›
- 10 Quintessential Quinoa Recipes to Keep You Fueled - Brit + Co ›
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)