12 Beauty Essentials for Your Engagement Photos
Getting engaged comes with plenty of excitement, and many brides-to-be want to commemorate it with an engagement photo shoot. While you might have (a lot!) of beauty help from the pros on your big day, chances are you’ll be rolling up your sleeves and going DIY with your engagement session makeup (a little money saved here means you can splurge on an important big-day detail — just sayin’!). If you’re a little hesitant about what hair and makeup products to put on the short list for your photoshoot, we’ve got you covered. Below, we’ve listed our 12 favorite beauty essentials that will make your on-cam moment major. Shop the lights, camera and action-ready picks below.
1. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ($22/2.2 oz): However you’ve chosen to wear your hair for your engagement shoot, make sure the style lasts with a spray that provides plenty of hold and volume. This pick goes above and beyond the call of duty to give your locks long-lasting texture.
2. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation ($62): For flawless coverage that will look fantastic in photos, opt for this cult-favorite foundation. The formula is ideal for a photo sesh, as its natural coverage comes without SPF, a component that can normally wash you out under flash photography. This particular base also comes in a huge variety of shades, so there’s truly a perfect match for everyone.
3. RMS Beauty “Un” Cover-Up ($36): For everything from blemishes to dark circles, this cover up means business. This creamy concealer manages to look totally natural while providing superior coverage. Plus, the formula is easy to blend over redness or uneven skin.
4. NYX Cosmetics Noir Powder Black Liner ($6): Get those peepers poppin’ in those shots with a product that gives your eyes plenty of definition without the use of harsh lines. This powder eyeliner highlights the shape and color of your eyes and has an wand that makes application a total breeze. Simply line a bit of this powder on your top and lower lash lines and prepare to be amazed at the subtle yet stunning difference.
5. Gressa Skin Minimalist Illuminating Serum ($45): Leave your skin looking simply radiant with a liquid highlighter such as this natural illuminating serum. Simply put a drop or two of the liquid formula into the palm of your hand and then blend a tiny amount onto the high points of your face for a natural-looking glow. The result is a healthy, illuminated complexion that won’t have you looking like a disco ball.
6. Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! Waterproof Mascara ($21): For both your wedding day and your engagement shoot, a good, waterproof mascara is key. This particular formula coats your lashes and leaves behind tons of volume and hold that will have your eyelashes looking fab all day long.
7. Jin Soon Nail Lacquer in Nostalgia ($18): Let’s be honest — the real star of the show when it comes to your hands is that fab bling you’re rocking on your ring finger. Instead of choosing a polish shade that takes away from your statement jewelry, opt for a soft pink that looks gorgeous without stealing the spotlight.
8. Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution in Bond Girl ($32): Lipstick is one of our fave beauty essentials, but finding a shade that can work for just about anyone is quite the task. However, this universally flattering shade of berry might just fulfill that need. The satin-finish formula gives your pout plenty of color and definition without looking too dramatic, making this shade a truly ideal pick.
9. Stila Cosmetics Convertible Color in Petunia ($25): This creamy blush can be used on everything from your lids to your lips to your cheeks. Pop a bit of this bright pink on your cheeks for a healthy flush of color that will leave you looking simply luminous in pictures.
10. NARS Laguna Bronzer ($39): Whether your shoot takes place in the winter surrounded by snow or it’s a little more tropical on the beach, you can give your skin a subtle, sun-kissed glow year round with a little help from a bronzer. This powdered formula works on all skin shades, so applying just a bit to your cheekbones will add the perfect amount of glow to warm up your complexion.
11. Urban Decay Naked2 Basics ($29): Show off your natural beauty by using nude, minimal colors on your lids to define and highlight your eyes so they really stand out. This palette includes only the essentials, with subdued colors that can be mixed and matched to achieve anything from minimal lids to a dramatic smokey eye.
12. e.l.f. Makeup Mist and Set ($3): After all that hard work, make sure your makeup lasts throughout the day with a setting mist. This affordable option goes on clear and refreshes your complexion, helping make sure your beauty look lasts throughout the shoot. Spritz a bit all over your face, or apply a bit of the formula with a makeup sponge and blend away to make sure the effects really last.
What are your engagement shoot beauty essentials? Tweet us your absolute must-have product @BritandCo!