22 Creative Engagement Photo Ideas for Spring
Spring is like an explosion of joy; there’s new life everywhere, and if you’re lucky enough to be starting a new life adventure with the love of your life, spring is a gorgeous time for some engagement photos. When you’re thinking of ideas for engagement shoots, think warm lighting, lots of greenery, flowers and cheerful color palettes. If you need any more convincing that spring is the most romantic time of year, look no further than these dreamy and flowery engagement photos complete with cherry blossoms, canoes, confetti and flower crowns.
4. Flower Wreath: Even if you get a gray day without those perfect rays of sun beaming down everywhere, you can still incorporate some spring into your photos with special accents like a flower headpiece. And if you follow this couple’s lead, velvet flowers on your dude’s shirt are a must. (via Andria Lindquist)
6. Puppy Love: Springtime is the epitome of playfulness and happiness, so don’t be afraid to bring your furry friends into your engagement photos for some extra fun and personality. (via Rensche Mari)
9. Whimsical Country: This gorgeous, full length dress is elegant, but also adds a playful feel with that colorful detail work that works as a great accent to the neutral scenery. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
10. Flea Market Fun: Props can add a lot of character to your photo shoot. Have fun with colors and a mishmash of objects for pictures that perfectly capture the essence of your relationship. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
14. Full Romance: No one said your engagement dress couldn’t be a showstopper. There are no rules when it comes to engagement photos. This teal gown fuses the beauty and authenticity of the setting. (via Wedding Sparrow)
15. You Spin Me Round: If there is an activity that you and your soon-to-be spouse enjoy, why not use it as the setting for authentic engagement photos — like this pretty vintage carousel. (via Floridian Weddings)
20. Desert Engagement: If you live somewhere high and dry, you might need to make your own springtime magic and bubbles seem like a pretty charming way to bring a little something special to your photos. (via Polka Dot Bride)
21. Field of Balloons: Live somewhere where you can’t get to a field of flowers? Check out these engagement photos with lots and lots of balloons for some highly inspired ideas! (via Green Wedding Shoes)
22. Vibrant Colors: With a light and fresh makeup palette and a beautiful and cheerful bouquet, this engagement shoot will definitely bring a smile to your face after the grays of winter. (via Chris and Kristen Photography)
Which of these engagement shoots inspires you to skip through fields of flowers? Let us know in the comments below!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!