17 Chic Foyer Makeovers You’ll Want for Your Home
Spring cleaning and organization can lead to a whole new space *and* a whole new you. But it might also leave you wanting to completely redecorate your home with trendy + fresh decor. If you’ve been itching to upgrade your abode, start with where your guests get a first impression of the rest of your home: the entryway, foyer, mudroom, etc. Scroll on to discover 17 stylish and functional ideas for decorating your entryway for spring. Think: cool coat racks, solid shoe organizers and other fab foyer essentials. Who knows? Maybe with a little bit of paint, new furnishings and a DIY session, you’ll have a fabulous foyer that might make you want to never leave home again.
1. Vintage Meets Modern: Oftentimes, your choice in decor gives others a little insight into your personality. If you’re looking for ways to express a friendly and inviting atmosphere, consider sprucing up your foyer with a few plants or fresh flowers that are sure to brighten up that space. (Photo via Paul Ferney / Oh Happy Day)
2. Edgy and Eclectic: Inspired by a casual California aesthetic with rock ‘n’ roll undertones, this entryway gets the message across with vintage, bohemian prints and all-white walls. To optimize the airy effect, take advantage of those windows to fill up your home with natural light. (Photo via Tessa Neustadt / Amber Interiors)
3. Bright and Colorful: If your entryway is on the smaller side, keep color limited to the accessories. Too much color can make the room appear cluttered even if it’s not. (Photo via Julia Robbs / A Cup of Jo)
4. Fresh and Fab: Typically for entryway decor, there should be one thing that really grabs your attention as soon as you walk in. In this case, the huge mirror fills the void of a plain wall while making the room feel larger. Just pair with a plant and a bench and you are good to go. (Photo via Tessa Neustadt / Amber Interiors)
5. Rustic Modern: A monochromatic palette with a few metallic accents keeps the look minimalist-contemporary while the natural and otherwise woodsy elements add to the rustic aesthetic. And how freaking cool is that “porcupine quill” mirror? It’s a bit rustic and a whole lotta glam. (via Stories)
7. Colorful Paint: Why not revamp your entire entryway with a brightly colored wall? Our creative director Anj did. For the coat rack, she chose to stick with bright, white frames to blend in seamlessly into the wall and act as visual clutter control. (via Brit + Co)
8. Mix and Match: There’s no actual rule against mixing different kinds of picture frames. When designing your photo gallery wall, opt for a mismatched vibe to keep the look effortless. (via Sugar and Charm)
9. Tessa Neustadt Cape Cod Print ($40): Alright, so this stylized space isn’t actually a “makeover,” but who knows? Maybe it’ll inspire yours. Instead of hanging up your photos, save room on the wall for an alternative means of decor, like a coat rack you can use to hang all your stylish hats. Then pick up the Cape Cod print to bring everything together.
10. Fresh and Floral: Don’t be afraid to experiment with contrasting elements like feminine and industrial styles. Though they’re different, the floral wallpaper looks amazing when paired with the rustic bench. (via Anthropologie Blog)
11. Basement Entryway: Get the best of both worlds (decorative + functional) by giving you and your guests a place they can sit and take off their shoes. Comfy cushions will create instantly homey vibes. (via Belathee Photography / My Domaine)
12. Dog-Inspired Mudroom: If you totally dig working with themes, consider transforming your foyer with a fun motif. This playful, dog-themed mudroom makes for a one-of-a-kind look. (Photo via Peter Rymwid / Traditional Home)
13. Springy Space: Instead of throwing out old furniture, breathe new life into it with something as simple as a fresh coat of paint. White always works, but a bright pop of color on top will instantly liven up the place. Take a look at that lovely tangerine color that’s just perfect for spring! (via Four Generations One Roof)
14. Fresh and Bright: Something as little as replacing your lights can create a complete transformation. Swap out those outdated light fixtures for a more refined and cohesive look. (via Design Sponge)
15. Black, White and Bronze: When working with a fairly neutral or monochromatic palette, it’s important to add textural elements to both soften up the space and keep the look from falling flat. A little bit of greenery also goes a long way when decorating with one or two shades. (Photo via Laure Joliet / My Domaine)
16. Locker Mudroom for Kiddos: If you’ve got a few little ones, consider making over your mudroom with DIY lockers to keep everything contained (and organized!). Just check out that trendy but super useful chalkboard memo board. (via East Coast Creative)
17. Garage Mudroom: Construct an aesthetically pleasing mudroom with symmetrical details like these angular black and white furnishings. Clean lines will ultimately produce a streamlined look, which will also create the illusion of organization when that mudroom gets hectic. (via Design Dining Diapers)
Are you thinking about making over your entryway? Follow us on Pinterest for more creative decor ideas!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)