How to Win at Father’s Day on a Budget
Dads. We love them and we want to show them we care, but sometimes it can be tricky to find something affordable for The Man Who Has Everything. That’s why today we’ve teamed up with Hallmark Gold Crown to show you 13 ways to bring a smile to Dad’s face without emptying your piggy bank. We’ve got DIY projects, recipes and a handful of must-buys that Dad will love. Check out our list below.
2. DIY Beard Balm: Is your dad rocking a hipster beard these days? If so, he’s probably in need of some aromatic beard balm. Follow our tutorial and DIY this hair product yourself — we’ve even got a printable so you can label your jar!
3. World’s Best Dad Cupcake Mug: That’s right. This is an edible mug with a cupcake inside. Dads with a sweet tooth will go nuts for this version of the classic World’s Best Dad mug. Covered in fondant molded into a cup, this chocolate cupcake is all he needs for a Father’s Day win.
4. Kiddie Car Classics ($20+): This one is for the car-lover dad. Head to the garage (Dad’s favorite “room” in the house) and give him that classic car he’s always wanted. The mini version, that is. These collectors items will look great on his desk or a shelf in his man cave. Stick with the theme and bring him a beer in a Mustang pint glass, and tell him you love him in a car-themed card (or shall we call it a car-d?).
7. Customized Grill Tools ($17): Go for the quintessential dad gift and purchase some grilling tools for your barbecue-master dad.
Then take it to the next level by customizing your tool set with a wood-burning tool. Check out our post for the step-by-step. Don’t forget to pick up some burger fixin’s and some charcoal so that Dad can immediately use his present (and make YOU some dinner!).
10. DIY Bow Tie: Upgrade Dad’s wardrobe this year with a handmade bow tie. It sounds like a challenge, but this DIY is actually a cinch. Bonus points to whoever can find the most amazing patterned fabric for this project. Dads — they love a crazy patterned tie, amirite?
11. Open-Face Steak Sandwich: If all Dad really wants for his special day is a juicy steak, make his dreams come true with an open-face steak sandwich doused in drool-worthy balsamic sauce. The open face gives it a much more dramatic effect, since he can see the perfectly cooked slices of meat (who needs two pieces of bread anyway?!). Go for aesthetics, people.
12. DIY Cornhole: There’s no better gift you can give Dad than the gift of QT. And there’s no better way to spend QT than outside playing lawn games. This year, make your pop his very own cornhole set. Also, be a good kid and let him win ;)
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.