The Top 10 Best Fertility Apps — Period.
Nothing, and we mean nothing, can ruin your day faster than getting a surprise visit from Aunt Flo, especially when you’re rocking those fab white jeans you just bought or when you’re really, really looking forward to adding a bouncing bundle of joy to your life. You may not know it yet, but there is a surefire way you can take all the mystery out of the comings and goings of your monthly cycle — a trip to your phone’s app store. Yep, you read that correctly. Whether you’re currently in the “Oh no… not a baby!” or even the “Oh yes, a baby!” phase of your life, the tools you need to prevent or plan for baby and/or to schedule your next (period-free!) beach vacay have been right at your fingertips all along. Here are 10 awesome fertility apps to prove it.
1. LoveCycles Menstrual Calendar: For an app that’s focused mainly on keeping up with your period schedule and less on fertility, we give our kudos to the colorful and cute LoveCycles app. (Free on iOS, Andriod and Windows)
2. Kindara: Kindara is a highly praised period tracking app for lots of reasons, but the perk that really grabbed our attention is that the developers behind it are all about teaching you about your body. Not sure why your ovaries seem to be on the fritz? Head on over to the community forum to ask questions and share experience with other women. (Free on iOS)
3. WomanLog: This super duper awesome fertility app is definitely one of our favorites, seeing as it’s perfect for the on-the-go lady. From the date of your next gyno appointment to whether or not you got frisky that day, all the need-to-know details about your nether regions can be recorded in a snap. (Free on iOS and Android)
4. Period Tracker Lite: Craving chocolate like a ravenous, pre-menstrual monster? Grumpy as all get out? In addition to clueing you in on your future period dates and most fertile days, Period Tracker Lite lets you spot trends in your cycle, such as severe PMS episodes, epic cramps and irregularities between cycles. (Free on iPhone, Android and Windows)
5. Ovia Fertility: If you need more than just a lot of rave in your review, then this is the app for you. Using scientifically backed fertility data, this helpful ovulation predictor has been shown to help women get pregnant up to three times faster than other women across the good ol’ U.S. of A. Baby on the brain? If you answered “yes” to that question, stop reading and head on over to the app store. Yes, now. (Free on iOS)
6. Fertility Friend: With this user-friendly app, you’ll never have to wonder when you’re at the peak point for baby making ever again. Not only does it predict when your next period will arrive with a great interactive calendar, it also allows you to track your daily symptoms, meds and more! (Free on iOS and Android)
7. Period Tracker!: Prego? This cycle-following app can be easily switched over to pregnancy mode at the click of a button. However, if there are no foreseeable babies in sight, this app is oh-so fabulous for charting all the side effects of menstruation mania + all your period stats. Some innovative features we love? The personal calendar syncing option, the privacy-protecting passcode and the “late cycle” instant notifications. (Free on iOS)
8. iPeriod: Lauded by the likes of Forbes and Glamour, this fertility calendar was the first of its kind. Five years later, it continues to be one of the most highly rated — and top-used — apps in its category. What makes it so darn worthy of all this praise? Well, its focus on health, fitness, nutrition and connecting women across the globe. Are you the kind of woman who likes all her apples neatly arranged in one basket… err… app? Then skip on multiple app downloads and choose the one that does it all. This is an overall female health monitor here, folks. (Free on iOS and $2 on Android)
9. Monthly Cycles : Blue baby clothes or pink? That’s a question that’ll be a lot easier to answer with this fab app. Just like our other faves, this personalized tool helps you stay on top of unwanted gifts from Mother Nature, like body weight, temperature, moods, and symptoms. But it does something else that knocks other trackers right out of the water! Curious yet? It says it can inform you about the best times to get busy in the bedroom depending on whether or not you want to add a boy or a girl to your family. Um… hmm. (Free on iOS)
10. Period Log: Don’t let the name fool you, Period Log is useful for more than just keeping up with your time of the month and all the pleasantries that go along with being a lady. It also sends you reminders to periodically self-examine your breasts. How smart and handy is that? ($2 on iOS)
What’cha think, Brit + Co-ers? Which one of these nifty period tracking apps will be your next download?