7 Celeb-Inspired Festival Hair Ideas You Can Style Without a Mirror
Music festival season is officially here — can’t you hear the jams in the distance and see the flower crowns all around you? While we’re all gearing up to get our groove on in the desert (and beyond, if Coachella isn’t your thing), it’s time to start thinking about what we want our festival style to look like. Celeb hair is a great place to start if you need inspo, but what’s really key is a no-fuss ‘do you can create on-the-go, without a mirror. Check ’em out!
1. Tiny Buns: Take a cue from Joan Smalls and opt for some tiny, twisted buns. One by one, grab four small sections of hair at the base of your forehead, creating a small bun when you reach the top of your head. Repeat the process and secure with bobby pins. (Photo via Rabbani and Solimene Photography/Getty)
2. Knotted Updo: Cara Delevingne rocks this ‘do like no other — and so can you. This look is perfect for festival season because it keeps your hair out of your face and off your mind. Create a loose braid at the top crown of your head and secure it with a bobby pin. After that, style two braids on either side of your head, connecting all sections of hair into one trendy knot.
3. Wrapped Pigtails: Before you head to the concert, throw two colored strings (or pieces of yarn, whatever works) into your purse. When you get hot and want to get your hair off your neck, make like Alicia Keys and create two low pigtails and wrap the string around the length of your locks. Done and done!
4. Imperfect Braids: As you’re walking to the next set, take a couple of random pieces of hair and braid them — simple as that. Add some unexpected dimension like Emma Roberts by varying the size of the sections. You can also braid a piece on the underside of your head so those plaits peek out.
5. Twisted Topknot: The topknot is never a bad idea — especially when you’re hot and sweaty at a music festival. Get inspo from Chrissy Teigen’s sleek, twisted ‘do, but don’t stress about your final look being perfect. Slick your hair back into a high ponytail, braid, and wrap around the knot. Secure with a few pins, and boom! (Photo via Charley Gallay/Getty)
6. Linear Knots: Julianne Hough’s look for a Dancing With the Stars episode is made for outdoor festivities. Take the top section of your hair and pull it back into a secured bun. Repeat the process down the back of your head, grabbing sections of hair on either side, and securing buns with pins or an elastic.
7. Messy Buns: Bella and Gigi Hadid are fans of this look, so you know it’ll be a hit when you’re in music mode. Divide the top section of your hair into two parts, creating two messy buns at the top of the center of your head. If you get hot, you can always create a third bun by pulling the rest of your hair (underneath the two buns) back at the nape of your neck.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.