How to Throw the Most Colorful Fiesta-Themed Fête Ever!
Y’all ready for this? We are throwing down, color explosion style. And you know who our partner in all of this is? Method, of course! For this next installment of our Clean Happy series, we’re throwing the most colorful fiesta ever, right in time for Cinco de Mayo. Watch the video above for lots of hue-tiful color inspiration, and follow along below to see how to create your own festive fête.
When it comes to making your own party decor, a mess is always gonna happen. Don’t worry — it’ll be worth it! Just make sure you arm yourself with plenty of Method cleaning products to help with the mandatory clean-up. For this particular party, we thought Method’s Lime and Sea Salt collection was a perfect match. Though we must warn you, it’ll instantly make you wish you had a margarita in hand ;)
Now without further ado, here are the 10 must-dos to make your party a total success.
1. Throw Unexpected Pops of Color into Your Planters: First off, you have to get some flora on that table. If you’re like us, you have a few succulents hanging around your apartment. Add some pep to them by painting rocks and pebbles in vibrant colors. Then adorn your plants with them!
How fun are those?
Create a Dirty Dish StationNext up, create a place for all the messy dishes to go. You’ll thank yourself later. To create ours, we set up three buckets for utensils, cups and glasses and made them super sudsy with Method Dish Soap. Oh and that sign? We laser cut that awesomeness.
3. Add Some Fringe to Your Cupcakes: To create fringed cupcake toppers, all you need is a few squares of colored tissue paper. Fold your tissue paper, then cut to create fringe. Take a toothpick, kebab stick or lollipop stick and cover in glue. Then wrap the fringed tissue piece around it. Repeat with alternating colors as you like. Then pop ’em in your cupcakes.
Who knew mini cupcakes could be even cuter?
5. Make a Festive Fringed Runner: Creating a fringed runner is easier than it looks. All you do is layer pieces of fringed tissue paper on top of one another, and glue with good old Elmer’s glue. We used a piece of craft paper as the base.
6. Add Blocks of Gold and Color to Square Vases: For another way to amp up the greenery you’ve got on deck, try color blocking mini white vases. We used gold tape to create gold stripes and acrylic paint for a blast of color. As always, keep Method All-Purpose Cleaner on hand to keep your workspace tidy.
We love how these look with those funky cacti.
8. Use Citrus to Amp Up Your Centerpiece: Don’t have time (or the funds) to go for a custom floral centerpiece? For this simple hack, we just hit up the farmer’s market to stock up on pre-made bouquets and citrus. That’s right, citrus! You can use them whole or line the sides of vases with slices of limes, lemons and oranges and you’ve got something that smells just about as good as it looks.
9. Make Sure Your Friends Know to Dress on Theme: What would a Brit + Co. party be without a fashion theme? The brighter the colors, the better.
10. Take Plenty of Selfies!: But first, let me take a #selfie! ;)