18 Fresh Fish Tacos to Make for Taco Tuesday
Take a tour around SoCal and Baja from the comfort of your own kitchen with these 18 fresh fish taco recipes. We’ve got you covered, whether you like to keep things light by choosing to broil or grill your protein, or aren’t afraid of a little frying action. And if you’re more of a landlubber, no worries! You can get in on the Taco Tuesday action by clicking on over to our street taco recipe roundup, featuring everything from chicken to beef to a melange of veggies, instead.
2. Blackened Fish Tacos With Avocado-Cilantro Sauce: A homemade blackened seafood seasoning enhances mild tilapia fillets, while the crisp cabbage-onion-cilantro slaw and spicy avocado cream sauce add contrast. (via Host the Toast)
3. Jerk Fish Tacos With Asian Slaw and Avocado-Lime Sauce: Move over, chicken, there’s a new jerk [seasoning contender] in town! A generous amount of Greek yogurt in both the slaw and sauce helps tone the spice level down to a manageable level. (via Fit Foodie Finds)
5. Baja Fish Salad: Forks at the ready, this taco salad features a bed of Napa cabbage topped by not fried, nor grilled fish (it’s broiled!), fresh tomato salsa, sour cream and pickled red onions. (via Eat More Food Project)
11. Coconut Lime Mahi Mahi Tacos With Tequila Soaked Watermelon Salsa: Thirsty Thursday meets Taco Tuesday in every bite of these flavor-packed wraps. (via Half Baked Harvest)
13. Fish Tacos With Mango-Tomatillo Salsa: Tart tomatillos play nicely with ripe mango to create a sweet-spicy salsa bursting with flavor. But the homemade fun doesn’t stop there. Nope, everything comes together in homemade corn tortillas! (via Lemons and Anchovies)
14. Salt Cod Pick-Up: Give a traditional Caribbean breakfast dish a little twist by adding hard boiled eggs, swapping habaneros for the tamer heat of jalapeños and serving the whole mix in a flour tortilla. (via Beth Dunham)
15. Blackened Fish Tacos With Peach Salsa: Pan frying tilapia in coconut oil gives these tacos-slash-lettuce-wraps just a touch of island-influenced flavor that works beautifully with fresh peach-tomato salsa spooned over the top. (via Simple Roots Wellness)
16. Popcorn Scallop Tacos With Cilantro-Avocado Crema: Sweet bay scallops are the centerpiece of this swanky fish taco recipe. Each mollusk is coated in a light breadcrumb mixture and fried, creating an irresistible crisp-tender combo that’s especially enjoyable when coupled with the creamy avocado-sour cream sauce. (via The Cake Chica)
17. Fish Tacos With Grilled Corn Slaw and Strawberry-Mango Salsa: A veritable bounty of summer produce tops these amazing tacos. You’ll love the layering of various tastes and textures that results. (via Styling My Everyday)
Do you like to cook up fish tacos at home, or is there a favorite restaurant that you frequent for your fix? Let’s talk in the comments!