20 Perfectly Patriotic Dessert Recipes for Independence Day
Independence Day is just around the corner, which means it’s time to start thinking about the menu for your patriotic get-together. You’ve got your all-American recipes, festive decorations and other Fourth of July must-haves, so make sure you don’t forget dessert! These 20 red, white and blue treats are just the thing to help you add a little flair to the table and cap off a great July 4th celebration.
3. Ombre Independence Day Cake: Ombre is still definitely right on trend this summer, which is why you should wow your guests with this impressive cake. The secret? Store-bought frosting and cake mixes! That way you only have to focus on actually putting the cake together. (via Brit + Co)
4. Star Spangled Fruit Kabobs: You can never have too many flags! These healthy kabobs can be done in just minutes, and you can substitute bananas for the marshmallows if you want to keep them all-fruit. (via Simple Girl)
5. Boozy Red, White and Blue Cheesecake Popsicles: With a little bit of fruit, a little bit of cheesecake and a little bit of booze, these sweet treats bring together rich flavors for a dessert the adults at your party will all love. (via Host the Toast)
6. Star-Spangled Pie: This cheesecake pie is incredibly simple to make and can be done the day before if you’re pressed for time. Feel free to add whatever mix-ins you want. Chocolate M&Ms? Sprinkles? The choice is yours! (via Snackpicks)
8. 4th of July Popsicles: The blueberries hiding within the vanilla ice cream and fruit puree add a fun burst of flavor to these popsicles. If you don’t have time to make the ice cream by hand, you can always use a carton of your fave. (via Itsy Bitsy Foodies)
11. Frozen Yogurt Parfaits: This yummy dessert features frozen yogurt, fresh berries, gluten-free clusters and a coconut whipped topping, so feel free to dig in without worrying about how you’ll fit into your bathing suit the next day. (via She Knows)
13. Patriotic Strawberries: These are a great last-minute treat if you don’t have the time for more elaborate desserts. Plus, they’re a fun culinary project to do with kids. (via The Girl Who Ate Everything)
15. Red, White and Blue Fruit Cookie: Prepared sugar cookie dough forms the crust of this cookie cake creation, and you can use whatever combination of fruits strikes your fancy. (via Get Off Your Tush and Cook)
18. Pinwheel Icebox Cookies: These cookies require a little planning, since the dough needs to be colored, rolled out and refrigerated, but the pretty swirls in the resulting cookies are well worth the effort. (via Just a Taste)
19. Red, White and Blue Whoopie Pies: Whoopie pies are an American classic, and if fruit really isn’t your thing, you can still show off you patriotic zeal with these toothsome cookies. (via Ambrosia)
20. Red Velvet Pancakes With Coconut Syrup and Blueberries: There’s no law that says you can’t have breakfast for dessert. Which is good, because that means you can have as many stacks of these deep red pancakes as you want! (via Eclectic Recipes)
What desserts are you planning to make this Fourth of July? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook!