14 French Toast Roll-Ups for Your Lazy Sunday Morning
Weekends are the perfect opportunity to sleep in a *little* later than normal, and spend some extra time making a leisurely breakfast. Healthy breakfast bowls are a great weekday option, but French toast is a go-to for when you’re craving something a little more… naughty. You already love it stuffed, but now we’re going to show you how you can wrap up all of your favorite ingredients into a glorious French toast roll-up. They’re perfect for dipping, and they can be sweet or savory (or both!). However you roll it, these 14 French toast roll-ups need to be in your weekend breakfast rotation.
1. Strawberry Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups: Maybe you dreamt you were vacationing in a romantic Italian village, but these French toast roll-ups are a delicious reality. They’re slathered with Nutella and ripe strawberries, and perfect for treating a special someone to breakfast in bed. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
2. Sticky Bun French Toast Roll-Ups: These may sound like an indulgent morning treat, but they’re actually quite healthful. Make with whole wheat or GF toast and stuff with nuts for a nutritious and tasty meal that gets your day started off on the right foot. (via Athletic Avocado)
3. French Toast Sausage Roll-Ups: Using fully cooked sausage links is the key to making this roll-up even quicker. The flavors are so nostalgic together, especially when dipped in maple syrup. The kiddos are definitely going to love these. (via Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice)
5. Pumpkin French Toast Roll-Ups: It doesn’t have to be October for you to make these pumpkin-filled delights; thankfully, canned pumpkin is accessible all year long. Now you can indulge that pumpkin spice craving whenever it strikes. (via RDelicious Kitchen)
6. Ham and Cheese French Toastie Roll-Ups: The best part about brunching at home (other than wearing your PJs all morning) is that you can make something that you probably won’t find at your go-to brunch spot. If you’ve always longed for a cross between French toast and hot ham and cheese, your wish has been granted. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
7. Gingerbread French Toast Roll-Ups: Cinnamon is standard in most French toast recipes. To take it up to gingerbread level, add ginger, allspice and cloves to the soaking mixture for a spicy, holiday-inspired flavor. You’ll want to add this to your Christmas Pinterest board. (via Cafe Delites)
8. Cookie Butter Roll-Ups: The cookie butter obsession is very real. You’re always looking for new ways to incorporate it into your meals, and this is the perfect opportunity. The cinnamon sugar exterior goes perfectly with the subtle spice of the cookie butter. (via A Bountiful Love)
9. Blueberry French Toast Roll-Ups With Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce: A blueberry jam filling plus a cream cheese dipping sauce makes these roll-ups taste like a slice of creamy cheesecake heaven. These are baked instead of pan fried, so there’s no babysitting involved either. (via Cooking Classy)
10. Banana Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups: If Nutella had been a thing back in Elvis’s day, it would have definitely been a go-to ingredient in his banana sandwiches. Make your own version of the king’s specialty with a dusting of powdered sugar on top and a quick dip of syrup. (via My San Fransisco Kitchen)
11. Chocolate and Marshmallow French Toast Roll-Ups: Anything with marshmallows and chocolate has to be amazing. Try grinding some graham crackers to roll them in for a fun s’mores twist. (via Del’s Cooking Twist)
12. Easy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Roll-Ups: Homemade cinnamon rolls can be quite the hassle to make. Now, when you get that craving, you can whip up these roll-ups that come together in only 15 minutes. Serve with extra cream cheese topping for dipping. (via Scrambled Chefs)
13. Bacon French Toast Roll-Ups: Bacon makes *everything* better. You could make these more savory and serve with a cheese sauce for dipping, or keep it sweet with maple syrup. Even served plain, these are French toast roll-ups everyone will love. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
14. Apple Butter French Toast Roll-Ups With Apple Butter Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce: These roll-ups have apple butter on the inside as well as an unbelievably delicious cream cheese mixture to dip them in. Eating them alongside a steaming cup of coffee is a great way to spend a gloomy Saturday morning in. (via Chocolate Moosey)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)