14 French Toast Roll-Ups for Your Lazy Sunday Morning
Weekends are the perfect opportunity to sleep in a *little* later than normal, and spend some extra time making a leisurely breakfast. Healthy breakfast bowls are a great weekday option, but French toast is a go-to for when you’re craving something a little more… naughty. You already love it stuffed, but now we’re going to show you how you can wrap up all of your favorite ingredients into a glorious French toast roll-up. They’re perfect for dipping, and they can be sweet or savory (or both!). However you roll it, these 14 French toast roll-ups need to be in your weekend breakfast rotation.
1. Strawberry Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups: Maybe you dreamt you were vacationing in a romantic Italian village, but these French toast roll-ups are a delicious reality. They’re slathered with Nutella and ripe strawberries, and perfect for treating a special someone to breakfast in bed. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
2. Sticky Bun French Toast Roll-Ups: These may sound like an indulgent morning treat, but they’re actually quite healthful. Make with whole wheat or GF toast and stuff with nuts for a nutritious and tasty meal that gets your day started off on the right foot. (via Athletic Avocado)
3. French Toast Sausage Roll-Ups: Using fully cooked sausage links is the key to making this roll-up even quicker. The flavors are so nostalgic together, especially when dipped in maple syrup. The kiddos are definitely going to love these. (via Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice)
5. Pumpkin French Toast Roll-Ups: It doesn’t have to be October for you to make these pumpkin-filled delights; thankfully, canned pumpkin is accessible all year long. Now you can indulge that pumpkin spice craving whenever it strikes. (via RDelicious Kitchen)
6. Ham and Cheese French Toastie Roll-Ups: The best part about brunching at home (other than wearing your PJs all morning) is that you can make something that you probably won’t find at your go-to brunch spot. If you’ve always longed for a cross between French toast and hot ham and cheese, your wish has been granted. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
7. Gingerbread French Toast Roll-Ups: Cinnamon is standard in most French toast recipes. To take it up to gingerbread level, add ginger, allspice and cloves to the soaking mixture for a spicy, holiday-inspired flavor. You’ll want to add this to your Christmas Pinterest board. (via Cafe Delites)
8. Cookie Butter Roll-Ups: The cookie butter obsession is very real. You’re always looking for new ways to incorporate it into your meals, and this is the perfect opportunity. The cinnamon sugar exterior goes perfectly with the subtle spice of the cookie butter. (via A Bountiful Love)
9. Blueberry French Toast Roll-Ups With Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce: A blueberry jam filling plus a cream cheese dipping sauce makes these roll-ups taste like a slice of creamy cheesecake heaven. These are baked instead of pan fried, so there’s no babysitting involved either. (via Cooking Classy)
10. Banana Nutella French Toast Roll-Ups: If Nutella had been a thing back in Elvis’s day, it would have definitely been a go-to ingredient in his banana sandwiches. Make your own version of the king’s specialty with a dusting of powdered sugar on top and a quick dip of syrup. (via My San Fransisco Kitchen)
11. Chocolate and Marshmallow French Toast Roll-Ups: Anything with marshmallows and chocolate has to be amazing. Try grinding some graham crackers to roll them in for a fun s’mores twist. (via Del’s Cooking Twist)
12. Easy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Roll-Ups: Homemade cinnamon rolls can be quite the hassle to make. Now, when you get that craving, you can whip up these roll-ups that come together in only 15 minutes. Serve with extra cream cheese topping for dipping. (via Scrambled Chefs)
13. Bacon French Toast Roll-Ups: Bacon makes *everything* better. You could make these more savory and serve with a cheese sauce for dipping, or keep it sweet with maple syrup. Even served plain, these are French toast roll-ups everyone will love. (via Recipe Tin Eats)
14. Apple Butter French Toast Roll-Ups With Apple Butter Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce: These roll-ups have apple butter on the inside as well as an unbelievably delicious cream cheese mixture to dip them in. Eating them alongside a steaming cup of coffee is a great way to spend a gloomy Saturday morning in. (via Chocolate Moosey)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy + delicious recipe ideas.
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!