Throwback Beauty Trend: 12 Ways to Rock the Frosted Lip Now
We’re pulling out our ’80s time capsule and bringing back a little throwback style with a vengeance. Who said we were done with side ponytails and tube socks? While those might be tougher to sneak into our everyday, the frosted lip is not. Here’s a fun fact: Frosted lips were a thing waaaay back in the day (5,000 years or so) and were achieved by a pearlescent substance only found in fish scales. Boy, are we glad we don’t have to smear fish on our lips to get our frost on these days! Here are 12 ways to get the same gorgeous lips sans a day at sea!
1. Tom Ford Lip Shimmer ($50): Tom Ford is king. No ifs, ands or buts about it. Who else would name their shimmers “Moonlight” and “Solar Gold” and hold true to it? Did we mention the limited-edition ivory and gold tone case? Move quickly, ladies.
2. Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick: Rihanna 2 ($16): Riri is credited with bringing the trend back this year. FYI: All proceeds (every cent) goes to folks living with HIV/AIDS. Not only are your lips awesome, your heart is, too.
3. Let Them Eat Cake ($45): Excuse us, but did someone just say cake? That’s right, ladies. We are one step closer to fulfilling our inner Marie Antoinette. Give us lilac and sugary sparkles or give us CAKE! (We’ll take both.)
4. Baume in Love in Midnight Rose ($26): What do we love more than neon? Neon lipstick. Think of the brightest pink bubble gum you’ve ever seen. Need more shimmer? Throw on a coat of Tom Ford’s Moonlight, and you are ready to be escorted into any room, by your lips.
5. Sexual Healing ($26): There’s nothing frosty about this one, ladies. If subtlety and intensity had a lovechild, this would be it. We won’t be surprised if you start channeling your inner Marvin. Bow-chicka-wow-wooooow.
6. The Metals ($24): Need we say more? There’s nothing more badass than wearing metal on your lips. Seriously, there are ground-up metallic pearls in here. Don’t believe us? Try it for yourself.
7. Drops of Brandy ($22): Can’t stop wondering what it must be like to have someone drizzle drops of brandy on your lips? Wonder no more! Your wish has been granted. Thank you Deborah, and thank you brandy.
8. L’Oreal Paris Color Riche in Ballerina Shoes ($6): Every time we think of ballerinas, we think of sparkly, frosty, wonderlandy type things. Doesn’t everyone? We’ve never been this excited at the thought of ballerina shoes on our lips!
9. Pop Culture Shimmer in Shade 3 ($62): Oh, so you’ve got your favorite lip color already? It’s all good. Throw some dazzle on that top coat with this cult favorite. And if you’re feeling extra sassy, throw some on your lids as well.
10. Dancing Queen Trio ($48): Release your inner glam with this trio. Say hello to your new shades: Electric Slide, Cha Cha and the Hustle. Need we so more? Didn’t think so.
11. Velvet Rope in Star Power ($50): We weren’t trying to get all Vanessa Williams on you, but we wanted to save the best for last! This is clearly the queen bee of all things frost. It’s gold glam in gold casing.
12. Limited Edition Pro Lips in Blanc ($20): What comes after the best? White, or in this case, Blanc. Throw some blanc on those lips with a sprinkle of white shimmery eyeshadow and just watch as your inner Bowie reveals himself.
What’s your favorite way to the almighty frosted lip? Share your go-tos below!