30 Creative Ways to Cook with Coconut
If there was a secret ingredient that would make any dessert taste delicious, we’re pretty sure it would be coconut. No matter the form, coconut always adds a rich and creamy element to your dish. Wait, did someone say richness and creaminess? Yup, that definitely describes the dream dessert. Set aside some time, folks. You’ll want to make these 30 sweet coconut-filled dishes right away.
2. Easy Homemade Samoas: Is there anyone out there who isn’t obsessed with Girl Scout Cookies? The crunchiness of the cookie and the sweetness of the coconut and chocolate make Samoas little pieces of heaven. And now you can make your own at home! (via A Million Moments)
3. Coconut Panna Cotta: Traditionally flavored with vanilla, panna cotta is a classic that’s hard to improve upon. But sometimes you just have to mix things up. Introducing… coconut-flavored panna cotta. Like the original, it is indeed delish. (via Inspiring the Everyday)
5. Creamy Coconut + Blood Orange Popsicles: These popsicles are so beautiful. The strong color along with the acidity of a blood orange pairs perfectly with the creamy goodness that is coconut. (via Fork Knife Swoon)
7. Puerto Rican Tembleque: Never heard of tembleque? It’s an extremely popular Puerto Rican coconut dessert that’s sort of a cross between Jell-O and custard. Where has this been all our lives?! (via Hungry Sofia)
9. Homemade Almond Joy: Just because it’s not October doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in some good ol’ candy bars. Making your own candy has never been easier than our super sweet way. (via Brit + Co.)
17. White Chocolate Coconut Cake: Chocolate and cake again, folks. But this time, we’re using white chocolate. We recommend enlisting your kiddies to help with the shredded-coconut topping. (via Fine Cooking)
20. Banana, Pineapple and Coconut Muffins: Muffins may not have all the fluff and frills of a cupcake, but they still deserve the same amount of love! This recipe includes the tropical trio: banana, pineapple and coconut. (via For the Love of Cooking)
28. Slow Cooker Coconut Hot Chocolate: Toasted coconut, melting chocolate, sweet marshmallows… the story for this sweet treat would go a little something like this: “The hot chocolate was so delicious that she put so much in her cup, it began to overflow.” (via How Sweet It Is)
Which coconut-themed dessert are you cuckoo for? Tell us in the comments below!