Get Inked This Summer with 10 Temporary Tattoos
These whimsical, wacky, and wild temporary tattoos are the perfect way to spice up your summer style. Express yourself, sans the cost and commitment of getting an actual tattoo. Showing some extra skin on the beach or dying to show your artsy side at a summer festival? No matter what the occasion, some temporary ink never hurt anyone. Just don’t forget to wash it off before heading into the office or out to dinner with the in-laws!
1. Tattly ($5 for a 2-pack): This brand is pretty much a gold mine of epic temporary tattoo fun. From inspirational messages, to geeky paraphernalia, to design-y nostalgia, this site has basically everything that you could ever ask for in the realm of pretty and temporary fun.
2. Violent Lips ($10-$15 for set of 3): Violent Lips are definitely not one for the timid. These temporary lip tattoos are like art for your pout.
3. Fingerstaches ($9 for 19 various styles): In the mood to be the master of disguise? Go incognito in a split second with a funky fake mustache… on your finger.
4. Old-Fashioned Pixelated Tattoos ($5 for 7 designs): Take classic tattoo art and get geeky with it with these temporary tattoos from David Cole.
5. Letter Press ($6 for 2 sheets): We know you have something to say. Wear your words loud and proud with these fun letter tattoos.
6. mammamiu! Tattoos ($2 for a set of 2): These often funny, always unique, tattoos from Miu Mau, a Russian designer, are sure to add a touch of quirk to your look.
7. Conscious Ink ($2): Looking for some real centeredness and inspiration in your day? Similar to mantras, these uplifting messages will leave their mark on you even if they wash from your skin.
9. Eyeshadow Temporary Tattoos: Would you rather DIY your faux ink? If so, you can turn your bright eyeshadows into temporary tattoos with our tutorial.
10. Tattoo Band-aids ($4 for an assortment): Looking for some function with your fun? These tattoo band-aids are a great way to look cool and protect your boo-boos at the same time.
Bonus: Programmable Tattoos: Maybe you’re looking for something a little bit more permanent, but still not ready to commit to one design for a lifetime? moodINQ has got you covered. This “programmable tattoo system” lets you change your tattoo design at will with the wave of a wand. It’s like magic ;) First, you have to get the canvas implanted into your skin (no small feat) and then you can change your ink as much as you want, to whatever you want.
Are you planning on playing with temporary ink this summer? Let us know in the comments below or find us over on Twitter.