18 Recipes That Prove Mochi Is the Gluten-Free Flour You Need in Your Pantry
A lot of us have probably fallen in love with the mochi found in the grocery store freezer section, but that’s only one of many sweet ways to enjoy the fab flour. Made from a stickier, sweeter type of rice, mochi (aka sweet rice flour or glutinous rice flour) has a stretchy, chewy texture that’s actually (surprise!) naturally gluten-free. Whether you use it solo or mixed with all-purpose flour, this collection of 18 crave-worthy recipes will show just how versatile this flour can be. It works wonders in anything from donuts to cakes to loaves of bread and so much more!
1. Matcha Kagami Mochi Waffles: A spoonful of matcha powder provides these waffles with their bright green hue, along with a little boost of caffeine and antioxidants. Talk about a great way to start the day. (via Kitchen Bowl)
5. Black Sesame Macaron Pops With Mochi Filling: Each of these pops packs a delightful assortment of nutty flavors, and the combo of almonds and black sesame is out of this world. (via 6 Bittersweets)
10. Mochi Brownie: Simply dolloping mochi over your fave brownie recipe creates squares unlike any you’ve tasted before. The pockets of stretchy sweet rice flour tucked inside are a delightful surprise. (via Lady and Pups)
14. Mochi Banana Bread: A 50-50 blend of all-purpose flour and mochi creates a loaf that’s an ideal fusion of classic banana bread and bouncy mochi cake. Trust that it’s totally unique and just as delicious. (via Thirsty for Tea)
16. Black Sesame Vertical Cake Roll With Matcha Mochi: This impressive-looking layer cake is actually no more challenging than a regular ol’ cake roll, and only requires 10 ingredients to boot. (via Le Jus D’Orange)
Are you already a fan of mochi? What’s your favorite way to use this flexible flour? Share with us in the comments!
If you lack a certain way with words, then perhaps you can rely on showing how you feel this holiday season with an artful greeting card you can make at home! Brit dropped by our crafting studio where we teamed with Camp by Walmart to create a choose-your-own-adventure holiday card tutorial. In the interactive video, it's up to you to decide what type of card you want to make — sentimental, or stylish? Three-dimensional, or keep it simple? After you've selected your design vibe, Brit helps you assemble it all together so your last-min card is ready to send. Get ready to pick up a few new DIY tricks when you watch the video now!