14 Makeup Essentials You Need for Halloween 2015
Halloween is (spookily, natch) knocking on your door, which means now is the time to pick out that perfect costume (hint: we’ve got a few Halloween costume ideas). Once you’ve decided on your epic costume, it’s time to complete the look with makeup. But where do you start? Here are some must-have makeup products to bring your amazing costume to the next level. Whether you are going all-out glittery mermaid or spooky skeleton, these Halloween makeup essentials will help you get there.
1. Ben Nye Creme Color ($6): Whether you are going as a ghost or a festival goddess, you’re going to need this creamy assortment of opaque colors. At $6 a pop, you can mix and match all you want with these fun little containers. Once you have a good collection going, you’ll be able to whip up awesome looks in no time!
2. beautyblender ($20): If you’re making yourself up with full clown makeup on Halloween or simply applying your everyday makeup, you should most definitely have this tool in your arsenal. Just add a bit of water to dampen it up and go to town blending your base for a flawless finish.
3. MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation ($27): This foundation is a product beloved by makeup artists and makeup lovers alike. The tinted fluid provides light coverage to both your face and body, giving you the ideal base so you can apply glitter and color all over.
4. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar ($18): We think Taylor Swift would be jealous of the bright red lip you can pull off with this beauty. With a packed and pigmented formula, this works well on your lips or cheeks as a makeshift face paint that will last well into the night.
5. Sephora Celebrity Lash Trio ($25): Come October 31st, these false lashes will be your new BFF! Rock them with a Katy Perry-inspired ensemble, or as a finishing touch for an ethereal fairy look. They will bring all the drama you need for a show-stopping costume.
6. Sephora Blockbuster Palette ($49): Umm, we think this palette might just have everything we’ll ever need in life. Containing blushes, lip colors and a huge variety of eye shadows, this magnificent product is guaranteed to work for whatever costume you choose.
7. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz ($21): Want brows that will incite some serious envy? Use this pencil over face paint to go as the wicked witch, or use it as a base under shadow — the possibilities are endless!
8. Benefit They’re Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara ($24): Dolls, Disney princesses and cats alike will love how voluminous their lashes look with this wonderful mascara.
9. Make Up For Ever Graphic Glitters ($16): Get your glam on with these professional-quality containers of glitter. We think this blue and white combination would look great sprinkled over your skin to become a fairy princess or even a mythical mermaid.
10. Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette ($54): The Urban Decay Naked palettes have become essentials for everyday life, and we think their newest addition to the line would be fantastic for creating some sultry smokey looks.
11. Make Up For Ever Aquarelle Face & Body Liquid Color ($21): Similar to the Ben Nye Creme Color, this guy’s going to give you vibrant color that can be used on your face and body. Dip a thin makeup brush in the formula to create beautiful, colorful designs all over yourself. We think it would be the perfect way to achieve a bold and bright Dia de los Muertos look.
12. NYX Gel Liner ($7): For a liner that you don’t have to worry about fading throughout the night, we recommend this affordable option from NYX. Use it for a dramatic cat eye or Cruella de Vil brows. You can even use it on your lips like we did in our cat makeup tutorial.
13. RCMA No-Color Powder ($10): Don’t let your hard work fade away. Your face and makeup will look fresh all day after using this translucent face powder.
14. Nudestix Brow Wax ($24): For a dramatic brow, this wax is a must. It will help keep your brows and product in place so that you can trick or treat the night away!
Any Halloween makeup essentials you think we missed? Let us know your favorites in the comments below!