15 Books That Will Inspire You to Lead a Healthier Life
Remember those New Year’s resolutions you set to become a healthier and happier you? If they fell by the wayside, there’s no reason you can’t pick them back up again. We’re sharing a reading list that’s the cream of the crop for all the fitness and health inspo you’re searching for. From #cleaneating to booty blasting workouts and daily meditations, we’ve got everything you need to hop back on (or keep chugging along) the fitness wagon.
1. Hot Body Year-Round by Cassey Ho ($12): Pop pilates princess and everyone’s favorite YouTube fitness gal is coming out with her very first fitness book. If you’re looking to get toned and strong with daily workouts, meal plans and a bonus boost of energetic motivation, be sure you get yourself a copy.
2. Yoga Girl by Jennifer Brathen ($16): This Swedish photographer behind @yoga_girl has taken Instagram by storm with her images of downward dogs and handstands on paddleboards and mountaintops around the world. Now she’s sharing her #fitspo life in her new book, which chronicles everything from her destructive teen years to her life-changing adventures in the jungles of Costa Rica, along with yoga sequences and awesome recipes.
3. Build Your Running Body by Pete Magill, Tom Schwartz and Melissa Breyer ($14): Runners, it’s here: your running bible. This breakthrough training manual is the first of its kind: a whole-body, photo-illustrated fitness manual for runners. No matter if you’re a beginner or seasoned marathoner — this is the book that will help you achieve your running goals.
4. Make Your Own Rules Diet by Tara Stiles ($19): Yogini Tara Stiles defies categorization with her book that’s part yoga guide, reflection manifesto, cookbook and lifestyle workbook. This book will take you from the mat to the kitchen with yoga routines, meditation practices, plant-based recipes, a seven-day kick-start program and a 30-day plan to get you on the path of healthy transformation.
5. The Eat, Lift and Be Happy Handbook by Neghar Fonooni (Free): If you want to get fit, healthy and happy, then get yourself acquainted with Neghar. She’s got the inspiration and the goods to get you on your way to living an empowered life. If you have no idea where to begin your fitness journey, download Neghar’s free ebook, filled with her favorite recipes, lifestyle tips and workouts to get you started. (Photo via Nicola Borland Photography)
Clean Eating Goddesses
6. I Quit Sugar by Sarah Wilson ($18): Life without sugar is sweeter than you’d ever imagine, according to Sarah Wilson’s eight-week guide. Whether you quit sugar to lose weight, boost energy or better your overall health, Sarah makes sticking to your new diet easy. This cookbook will guide you through the various stages of detox and adjustment while learning how to curb cravings, lose weight and cook sugar-free.
7. The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon ($15): The much-awaited debut from world-famous food blogger and photographer Angela Liddon is finally here. In the pages, you’ll find recipes to entice the likes of vegan and vegan-curious palates alike. Eat healthy food, feel great and get your glow on with this delicious cookbook.
8. The VB6 Cookbook by Mark Bittman ($23): Skip the calorie counting and portion control and try living like a flexitarian with Mark Bittman’s plant-centric diet. Join countless others who’ve VB6’d their way to good health and a more ethical relationship with food. You’ll find recipes for eggplant “meatballs” and jerk chicken burgers to satisfy your every craving, all while staying healthy.
9. The Forest Feast by Erin Gleeson ($22): Erin moved from the bustling streets of NYC to a tiny cabin in the woods of Northern California where fruits were plentiful. Based off her popular blog, this beautifully bound cookbook features rich, wholesome, real food and a lifestyle that’s in tune with nature and oneself.
SELF-DEVELOPMENT + MOTIVATION MUSES
10. 365 Health + Happiness Boosters by M.J. Ryan ($17): This book dishes out 365 ways to experience the joy of living. From learning how to change your outlook and lift your spirit to healthy eating habits and a good night’s sleep, this book delivers a healthy dose of positivity for your body and mind.
11. The Body Book by Cameron Diaz ($26): You’re not going to get celebrity-inspired fad diets in this book. Instead, Cameron Diaz offers up a refreshing manual on the ultimate care and maintenance for your body. Packed with the tools you need to build a healthier you, Diaz shares her secrets for the best ways to feed, move and care for your body.
12. MNB Diary 2015 by Lorna Jane ($20): It’s not too late to get your hands on this active-living diary that’s packed with gads of motivation. This 214-page diary is filled with exercise challenges, daily motivation, inspiring quotes, seasonal recipes and of course, a month- and week-view calendar.
13. Meditations from the Mat by Rolf Gates and Katrina Kenison ($13): Whether you use this meditation guide in the morning to kick off your day, during your yoga practice or when you’re tucked into bed at the end of the day, it’s the perfect way to reflect and look inward for self growth, clarity and peace.
14. This Year I Will… by M. J. Ryan ($14): If you want to know the secret to sticking with your goals, get this book. It promises to give you the unique formula you need for planning, implementing and going after your dreams. Be the change you want to be, using this book as your guide.
15. Better Each Day by Jessica Cassity ($16): Dubbed “Chicken Soup for the Soul” for today’s busiest readers, this book is filled with 365 tips backed by pros for boosting your confidence, getting fit, clearing away stress, navigating relationships and so much more.
Fill us in, goal crushers. What’s on your reading list to get fit and fabulous this year?
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.