Sometimes healthy eating resolutions can make you feel like you’re giving up all the things you love. And while donut Sundays and pizza + beer Wednesdays might temporarily be on hold, you can still indulge in that one treat that makes all your troubles go away — chocolate. That’s right, *healthy* chocolate recipes are real, and you can whip them up for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In honor of Chocolate Cake Day, we’re dishing out 11 healthy recipes that are better than the usual chocolate cake (and way less guilt-inducing). Scroll on for the goodness.
1. Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl : Smoothie bowls are *the* it breakfast of 2016. Add chocolate to the mix and you have the ultimate weekday breakfast that’ll perk you right up. Pair it with a cup of joe and you’ll be ready to tackle anything that comes your way. (via With Food and Love )
2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Squares : There’s no need to skip dessert just because you’re eating healthier. Make these chocolate bars filled with healthy ingredients like pepitas, dried fruit and, of course, peanut butter. Whip up a big batch on Sunday and have a healthy, chocolate-filled snack all week long. (via 24 Carrot Life )
3. Dark Chocolate Cranberry and Pistachio Granola : Adding a couple tablespoons of this homemade granola to Greek yogurt can make this health food staple a satisfying and healthy breakfast or dessert. Store-bought granola may be full of sugar, but this version is sweetened naturally with mashed banana and just a touch of honey. (via To Live and Diet in LA )
4. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pancakes for One : Starting your morning with chocolate is a failsafe way to have a great day. These pancakes are dairy-free and gluten-free but taste so good you won’t miss the butter, eggs or flour. (via Top With Cinnamon )
5. Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookie Stuffed Campfire Bananas : Bananas and chocolate were *made* for each other. You can make this recipe for a special dessert, but it’s healthy enough to eat for breakfast too. Or better yet, make ’em on your next camping adventure. (via Half Baked Harvest )
6. Ultimate Keto Chocolate Ice Cream : Reward yourself for eating healthy by having a big bowl of this ice cream. Coconut milk makes it taste extra decadent but still keeps it way healthier than traditional versions. (via KetoDiet Blog )
7. Baked Gluten-Free Chocolate Donuts : Healthy donuts are *definitely* a thing. Make your donuts extra on trend with a sprinkle of puffed quinoa. It just doesn’t make a great topping — it also adds a boost of protein. (via Simply Quinoa )
8. Chocolate Banana Chia Seed Shake : Have chocolate for breakfast, snack time or dessert with this unique take on chia pudding. You won’t even need sugar — the mashed banana and honey add a natural sweetness that can’t be beat. (via A Beautiful Mess )
9. Raw Vegan Macaroons With Beet, Chocolate and Coconut Cremes : Beets and chocolate may sound like a strange combo, but trust that it’s a delicious one. This beautiful plant-based dessert is deceivingly healthy and nutritious. (via This Ransom Vegan Life )
10. Slow Cooker Chocolate Cherry Steel Cut Oatmeal : The best breakfasts are the breakfasts you don’t have to make yourself. Delay getting out of bed a little bit longer by letting this oatmeal cook overnight in your slow cooker. Cherries are great for muscle recovery too, so be sure to save a bowl for after your morning run or workout. (via Running to the Kitchen )
11. Ultimate Keto Chocolate Brownies : Most of the butter in this recipe is swapped out for avocado. Avocado adds fiber and monounsaturated fat to make these brownies good for you. Bake a batch for your coworkers and they won’t even notice the healthy substitute. (via KetoDiet Blog )
Want even more healthy recipes? Be sure to check us out on Pinterest !