10 Healthy Hair Products to Prep Your Strands Before Summer
With April showers come May flowers — and a slew of bad hair days. After months of hat head and colder temps, the humidity and rain isn’t doing any benefits for your dry, frizzy locks. To get those healthy tresses back again, we scouted out the latest shampoos, moisture masks, and tools that can turn a lackluster look. Scroll down for hair helpers to use now to get a stress-free, summer-hair-don’t-care style in play for beach season.
1. Live Clean Argan Oil Restorative Shampoo ($6): A mega-moisturizing shampoo that’s gentle on locks is a must for keeping hair looking and feeling healthy. This vegan formula with 98 percent plant-derived ingredients is loaded with moisturizing argan oil and antioxidants that restore natural shine to dull, dry strands.
2. Klorane Laboratories Ultra-Nourishing Mask With Abyssinia Oil ($26): This new product promises to target the coarsest, most brittle sections of your hair and give it a much-needed jolt of hydration. It features 23 moisturizing ingredients, including nourishing Abyssinia oil laden with fatty acids that have been proven to penetrate deep into the hair fiber, reversing damage and frizz.
3. Deva Curl Buildup Buster Micellar Water Cleansing Serum ($28): You’ve heard of micellar water (tiny cleansing oil molecules suspended in water) as an effective skin cleanser, so it’s only natural the technology would work for your hair. This cleansing formula employs micellar water science, gently clearing away product buildup and grime, while leaving behind rich, moisturizing ingredients to reboot droopy curls.
4. Aquis Waffle Luxe Long Hair Towel ($45): Your towel-dry action might be damaging your hair; the friction can cause ends to split, not to mention unwanted frizz. Next time, pat your damp strands dry with this towel that’s made specifically for hair. With ultra-fine fibers that are softer than silk, this option wicks away water more quickly and gently than your usual one. Bonus: With drier hair, you’ll shave time off your blow-dry sesh.
5. Curls Blueberry Bliss Hair Growth Oil ($12): Dryness and hat head are a nasty combo — together they can make strands snap and cause your mane to thin. To get your hair back on track, try this oil, which is loaded with natural antioxidant extracts, like blueberry and pomegranate, to repair damage and boost growth.
6. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Zero Smoothing Light Spray ($5): Fine-haired ladies, this one’s for you. Your delicate strands suffer a lot from heat tools, causing almost immediate breakage. Before you blow-dry, spritz on this lightweight, non-silicone, protective spray for a smoother style. Over time, the plant proteins and vitamin-enriched formula builds up strands so they look and feel healthier.
7. It’s a 10 Miracle DeFrizzing Gel ($17): Thanks to the cool technology of this gel-oil formula, you don’t have to suffer with frizzy, dull hair in any season. Squeeze out a dime-sized dollop and coat damp hair. The hydrating oil ingredients and ginseng extracts go deep into the hair shaft and add shine and strength back to parched locks just in time for warm weather.
8. Drybar The Bouncer Diffuser ($34): Heat drying tools that you depended on all winter can rob any texture of moisture and can lead to major damage — but it’s especially hard when you’ve got delicate curls: The more they fry, the more they lose their luster and bounce. To make them look their best, you’ve got to lose the harsh blowdryer heat. Enter the diffuser, a much gentler way to dry that goes beyond air drying (it’s quicker) yet still gives you that fresh, refined look. Pop this new one onto your dryer nozzle and turn it on low; the attachment broadens and reduces the airflow, allowing the prongs to create gorgeous curls.
9. Living Proof Restore Perfecting Spray ($28): Heat protection is key for softness and, of course, keeping your follicles knot-free. This leave-in conditioning spray has unique time-released marine extract conditioning ingredients to constantly moisturize hair, polymers to tease out tangles, and plant ingredients that give UV and heat protection even when the dryer is at its max.
10. Grow Gorgeous End Split Ends Leave-in Serum ($24): Most hair pros will tell you that to really mend split ends is to cut them off. But if you’re trying to grow your hair out, that’s the last thing you want to hear. Opt for this oil-enriched treatment instead. The fatty acid formula is packed with protective antioxidants and smoothing oils that seal up the splits and strengthen brittle strands.
Looking for more hair inspo? Check us out on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.