Check Out the Supermodel Makeover Heidi Klum Gave Her Villa
Classy businesswoman, supermodel and now house-renovator Heidi Klum is bidding “Auf Wiedersehen” to her home in LA. The house, purchased in 1999, has been given the total Heidi makeover, turning the estate into a family-friendly version of a classic Italian villa. From the light and bright kitchen to the luxurious outdoor living areas, we are loving every detail of this elegant home and are completely impressed with the time and thought that Heidi put into refurbishing it. And those dream closets fit for a supermodel? We can’t even.
1. Outdoor Living: Heidi wanted the home to feel like it was in southern of Italy instead of LA. She spent months replacing every single window in the house to fit in with an Italian villa aesthetic. “Sometimes I sit in the garden, drinking my coffee, looking at the Pacific, and really feel it is a little piece of Heaven,” Heidi admits on the listing website for the home. With an unheard of eight acres of land, there’s plenty of space for secret gardens, a koi pond, fountains, outdoor living space and of course, a children’s playhouse.
2. Ready to Cook: With four children who love to cook, the kitchen had to be big enough to handle lots of chefs. It feels rustic and elegant at the same time, with stainless steel accents and glowing wood cabinets.
3. Dining in Style: Lined with wood paneling imported from a Parisian hotel, the formal dining room keeps the color palette neutral with taupes and a few dark accent pieces.
4. Casual Entertaining: Sleek and simple, the white couches are the perfect contrast to wide-plank wood floors and a grand piano.
5. Ebony Library: Heidi’s home library is loaded with historic old-world charm — including a fireplace that was an original from Napoleon’s farm house. That’s right, Napoleon. No big deal.
6. Dreamy Office: French doors offer access to terraces and patios for indoor/outdoor living and entertaining. We’re not sure how much work we would get done if our home office had views like these.
7. Chic TV Room: Step aside, black and red, lavender is our new favorite color for a home theater. We can just pictures episodes of Project Runway being played constantly in this chic and elegant TV room.
8. Closet Fit for a Queen: There is nothing we love more than poking our noses into celebrity closets. We’d expect nothing less than grand from a supermodel’s closet, and Heidi doesn’t disappoint. Featuring glass-cased hanging space and drawers with a plush fabric ottoman, this dressing area is fit for a royal.
9. Elegant Bedroom: Upstairs, the master suite consists of a bedroom, living room, terrace with ocean views, his and her custom closets and his and her bathrooms. Wow, and we thought we were lucky with his and her sinks. Rocking a cool Pantone 2015 shade of Titanium, the gray bedroom is serene and peaceful — the ultimate resting place for a “European” escape.
What do you think of Heidi’s home makeover skills? Talk to us in the comments below!
(Photos via Heidi Klum Estate)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)