30 High Tech Halloween Costumes to Buy or DIY
We’ve already found some of the most clever costumes out there for tech lovers, but what if you want your costume to actually incorporate some of those gadget features? We’re talking about LEDs, 3D printing and even iPhones. Here are some high-tech costumes to buy or DIY for that futuristic vibe.
1. Fiber Optic Dress: We want to wear this light-up dress at every evening event from now ’til forever. This would be a great costume if you were going as a martian or any space-themed gal. (via Instructables)
7. Glow Man and Glow Girl: ($50): Get your glow on with a warm, comfy onesie that also glows in the dark!
9. Ninjaflex Spikes: You can use these glowing spikes as the spine of a stegosaurus costume, bling on a turtleshell or even a crazy headpiece for a futuristic space queen. You can download the design yourself right here. (via Thingiverse)
12. Glow-in-the-Dark Minnie Costume: Last year a toddler went viral as she ran through the dark in an adorable little stick figure costume (made by dad!), and it’s no wonder. It’s so dang cool her dad came back in 2014 for round two: Minnie Mouse! You can purchase the original glowing suits on his site while supplies last.
14. Daft Punk Suit: Speaking of! If you want to go all the way with the look (we know you do), add some electroluminescent wire to your suit. Someone just might ask for your autograph. (via Hack N Mod)
22. Trapped Scuba Diver ($60): Last year a NASA Engineer built masks designed for you to insert your smartphone for some extra animation. This is one of our fave.
24. Cybernetic Head System ($115): If you want to look like you came straight from a robotic future, try this on for size. It even comes with flourescent UV lighting.
26. Butterfly Mask ($90): With only this mask, you can wear anything you want and your costume will still look stellar.
30. iPhone Box: Let’s say you’re reading this on October 31, and you’ve found yourself stuck without the time or resources to make any of these glowing, 3D printed costumes. Don’t fret! Be the comic relief and dress as an iPhone box. (via Mashable)
What’s your favorite techy costume? Let us know in the comments!