Sleigh All Day With These 10 Holiday Beauty Trends
Holiday glam starts with being well-versed in all the hottest hair, nail and beauty trends of the season. Forget traditional looks and opt for something more daring, unique and beautifully bold to celebrate the holiday spirit. Embrace fun colors (did someone say GREEN?!) and get hack happy, because you’re about to rock looks your pals have never spotted before. Merry everything, y’all!
1. Holographic Lips: Calling all unicorns ;) Get dreamy with your holiday makeup by adding a holographic hue into the mix. Wear it alone or layer it for a next-level look that’s totally unique. We created this look with Sigma’s Lip Switch in Transcend.
2. Candy Cane Eyes: Forget the cat eye; this season, it’s all about the striped candy cane eye! We recommend wearing this to an ugly sweater party — it’ll be a huge hit!
3. Glitter Hair Part: If you want (or need) to catch a few extra Zzz’s, skip the actual shampoo and cover up grease with glitter. Start with dry shampoo, use hairspray, apply gel and glitter and voila!
4. Gold Highlighter: Glitz everything up by dusting gold highlighter onto your cheekbones, cupid’s bow and the bridge of your nose. This seasonal spin will make all eyes flock to you at this year’s holiday party — trust.
5. Next-Level Lashes: Top off those lashes with a fun coat of shimmery or colored mascara. You can apply on the whole length of the lash or just on the tips for a more subtle look.
6. Metallic Lip: Metallic is back! Slick on a chromey lip color and keep the rest of your makeup minimal. Done and done.
7. Winter Minimal: Hop on board the nontouring train (anti-contouring, FYI) and keep your makeup super low-key — but hit ’em with a rosy lip color!
8. Holiday Ombre: Talk about two-toned! Pat on a gold eyeshadow on top of a brick-red lip and you’ve got instant holiday makeup vibes.
9. Moody Green Shadow: Forget the traditional smokey eye in favor of something unexpected for the holidays — dark green shadow! Apply a deep, shimmery green shadow to your lid and pair it with a neutral lippie.
10. Frosty Lids: Channel Frosty the Snowman — but in a totally pretty way — by dusting your lids with a white, shimmery shadow. Instant brightening effect too!
Want more holiday beauty inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!