With holiday festivities in full swing, it’s essential to have many kinds of appetizers at your disposal to fit all of your entertaining needs. This collection features an elegant-yet-approachable assortment of 14 recipes ideal for any sort of celebration. Whip up a few along with a signature cocktail or two, and you’ll be ready to host a stylish holiday party in no time at all.
2. Sweet Potato Latkes With Greek Yogurt and Smoked Salmon: Whether or not you celebrate Hanukkah, this tasty twist on the classic potato pancake is a welcome mini bite to celebrate with. (via Cooking for Keeps)
4. Classic Southern Hushpuppies: Featuring the perfect balance of crisp-fluffy, sweet-salty elements, these puppies go remarkably well with a celebratory glass of champagne. Not to mention, the cilantro-jalapeño aioli served alongside sounds to die for. (via Food52)
5. Manchengo Crisps With Serrano Ham, Quince and Marcona Almonds: You’ll love how these crisps combine all the elements of an awesome cheese and charcuterie platter into just one or two bites. (via Domesticate Me)
6. Classic Gougère: It’s hard to stop popping these cheese-enhanced choux pastry puffs. Play around with various firm cheeses and add-ins — chopped scallions and fresh ground pepper are two good places to start — to make your own “house” recipe. (via Bon Appétit)
7. Devils on Horseback: Raw oysters are always a swanky appetizer selection, but for winter holidays we enjoy a warmer take. These wine-poached mollusks mingle oh-so-well with bacon atop crisp slices of garlic bread. (via Saveur)
8. Fancy Deviled Eggs: There’s nothing wicked about these drop-dead gorgeous hors d’oeuvres. With five fancy deviled egg variations to choose from, you’re bound to find the perfect flavor palate for your party. (via Jennography)
10. Filet Mignon Crostini With Romesco, Goat Cheese and Crispy Shallot: Now these classy crostini show your guests just how much you care. Be warned: they’ll set the bar pretty high for the rest of the menu, so be ready to bring your A game (you got this). (via Shared Appetite)
11. Beluga Lentils with Roasted Eggplant Canapés: These rounds may be mistaken for creme fraiche- and caviar-topped crostini, but that’s just a clever disguise. They happen to come by their surprisingly vegan and gluten-free status naturally. (via Petite World Citizen)
13. Apple, Bacon and Leek Pizza Bites: Now these are worlds apart from any of those frozen pizza bites we grew up with. All of the aforementioned goodies plus a cheddar mornay sauce create one swoon-worthy starter. (via Shared Appetite)
14. Garlic and Gruyere Stuffed Mushrooms: Serving so much garlic at a party may be considered a faux pas, but we encourage you to break with bland tradition. Stuffed with big flavors, these mushrooms are sure to be a hit. (via Saveur)
Who’s ready to hit the holiday party circuit? Share your go-to holiday appetizers with us below!