21 Yummy Ways to Start and End Your Day With Peanut Butter
November is National Peanut Butter Lovers Month, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. We like it gooey, crunchy or with a touch of honey — and we ‘re hoping to throw a little PB into any recipe we can (because it’s so much more than just peanut butter and jelly sandwiches). This classic nut butter is a delicious way to inject flavor and dimension into recipes while increasing the dish’s protein and healthy fat content. Plus, it’s a great source of vitamin B, which helps improve brain function! So whether you eat yours in your morning oatmeal, as a snack with bananas and chocolate or whipped up into an African-inspired stew, we have over 20 peanut butter recipes to help you celebrate your love for the yummy stuff.
2. Power Protein Salad: If you have been looking for salad and high protein recipes, this one is for you. This vegan and gluten free recipe has all the protein you could ever hope for, in this super healthy salad. (via Contentedness Cooking)
4. Peanut Zucchini Noodle Stuffed Roasted Capsicums: Not only does this dish have peanut butter (the crunchy kind, at that) you can add a little more texture to it with a handful of peanuts. Too much? Nah. Seriously, you won’t believe how easy it is to make this vegan, gluten free dinner. Bonus: It sounds sinful, but is secretly healthy. (via Thoroughly Nourished Life)
5. Banana Sushi: Move over mochi, there’s a new dessert in town. In a move that can only be described as ‘genius,’ the bananas are coated in peanut butter and chocolate then topped with pistachios, coconut flakes, chia and sesame seeds. No rolling required. And if you’ve got a little time to wait before you dig in (hear us out) stick these in the freezer for a whole new experience. You’re welcome. (via Vegan Heaven)
6. Vegan Pasta Bake with Rainbow Thai Peanut Noodles: Who needs takeout? This recipe packs tofu noodles and fresh veggies into a creamy Thai peanut curry sauce for an easy, meatless, weeknight-friendly meal that is vegan and gluten free. (vie Food Faith Fitness)
7. No-Bake Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie: If you’ve got a sweet tooth, this pie is a must. While it looks decadent, it’s actually pretty simple to make and only requires six ingredients. (via Brit + Co)
11. Peanut Butter and Honey Chia Pudding: As delicious as Greek yogurt with peanut butter, fruit and granola is, it’s easy to get burnt out on it. Swap it next week for this make ahead chia pudding. (via The Breakfast Drama Queen)
13. Crunchy Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing: This refreshing, crunchy Thai salad that can be prepared either with chicken or as a vegetarian dish is topped with the most amazing peanut dressing. Maybe double the dressing recipe, because you’ll want seconds. (via Pretty. Simple. Sweet.)
14. Crispy Baked Chicken Wings with Peanut Sauce: Wings are best with a crispy, crunchy exterior and tender interior and these fit the bill. Plus, they’re topped with an out-of-this-world peanut sauce — bet you didn’t see that once coming. (via Gal on a Mission)
17. West African Peanut Stew with Kale: This simple and hearty vegetarian take on the classic West African peanut stew uses pantry ingredients and works well with whatever greens you happen to have on hand. (via The Hungry Hounds)
18. Bacon Peanut Butter Swirled Scones with Chocolate Drizzle: Bacon, peanut butter and chocolate — do we have your attention? Rethink your scones with a savory twist. After one bite, these bacon peanut butter scones will have you reaching for more. (via The Spiffy Cookies)
20. Chocolate Peanut Butter Mascarpone French Toast: Save this recipe for a special day. It’s decadent but totally worth it. You won’t be able to look at normal French toast the same ever again. (via Chef Priyanka)
21. Peanut Butter and Banana Granola Snack Clusters: Peanut butter and granola were made for each other. Top your morning yogurt with it or enjoy with milk as a late-night snack. (via Simple Veganista)
What’s your favorite recipe that includes peanut butter? Let us know below in the comments!