Ladies, we’ve all been there. You’ve been standing in your heels for mere minutes and your feet are already killing you (really, the walk from the train to your work never seemed that long before!). But that doesn’t have to be the case. Nope, we’re not here to tell you to resign yourself to commuter-friendly flats seven days a week (although there are some really cute options out there). There are, in fact, some easy ways for your feet to love your stash of heels as much as you do. Scroll below to learn nine hacks that can make wearing your sky-high steppers all day long so much more doable.
1. Tape Your Toes: No, really. You totally read that right. Taping your third and fourth toes together takes the pressure off the balls of your feet. The more you know, peeps. (via PureWow)
2. Leather Is Best: This isn’t necessarily a hack, but it’s a great tip. Leather forms to the shape of your foot, so wearing it is basically the closest thing to customizable shoes as you’re going to get. It’ll keep your feet feeling great all day long. (via Your Queen)
3. Stretch Them Out: But when they *aren’t* leather, this trick is a must-try. If your heels are a tad tight, stretch them out using ice. Simply fill a plastic bag with water, stick them in your shoes and pop them in the freezer. (via Better Remade)
4. Blow Dry Them: Oops! You bought your shoes a bit too small, and that’s why you can’t stand wearing them for a full day at work. Blow drying them is another trick to slightly stretch them out to the point where they’re comfortably broken in. (via Lisa Pullano)
5. Band-Aid Friction Block ($5): This Band-Aid product is a total game changer. Rub it on the sensitive spots of your foot before you put your shoes on to prevent blisters. Trust us, it’s the best $5 you’ll ever spend.
6. Sandpaper the Soles: Sometimes, heels are nearly unwearable because they’re slipping and sliding all over the place. Scuff up the bottom of your shoes with sand paper ($3) to ensure you won’t be sliding all over the place. (via Real Simple)
7. Foot Petals ($7): Let’s face it: Standing on your tip toes for hours upon hours is just not natural. Add a little padding to the balls of your feet to create a more comfortable stance.
8. Strap ‘Em In: Not only did you just upgrade your look, but you also just provided a lot of extra comfort. Strapping your feet in makes heels much more bearable, especially as you dart from place to place. (via Brit + Co)
9. Comfortable Shoes ($279): Lastly, buy shoes that are *actually* comfortable in the first place! Taryn Rose shoes feature an altered foot bed so that you can wear them without pain. And guess what? Taryn Rose herself will be at Re:Make this year talking about her awesome designs. Request a ticket here!
Do you have any tips and tricks for wearing heels all day? Chat with us in the comments below!