9 Hacks to Help You Wear Heels All Day Long
Ladies, we’ve all been there. You’ve been standing in your heels for mere minutes and your feet are already killing you (really, the walk from the train to your work never seemed that long before!). But that doesn’t have to be the case. Nope, we’re not here to tell you to resign yourself to commuter-friendly flats seven days a week (although there are some really cute options out there). There are, in fact, some easy ways for your feet to love your stash of heels as much as you do. Scroll below to learn nine hacks that can make wearing your sky-high steppers all day long so much more doable.
1. Tape Your Toes: No, really. You totally read that right. Taping your third and fourth toes together takes the pressure off the balls of your feet. The more you know, peeps. (via PureWow)
2. Leather Is Best: This isn’t necessarily a hack, but it’s a great tip. Leather forms to the shape of your foot, so wearing it is basically the closest thing to customizable shoes as you’re going to get. It’ll keep your feet feeling great all day long. (via Your Queen)
3. Stretch Them Out: But when they *aren’t* leather, this trick is a must-try. If your heels are a tad tight, stretch them out using ice. Simply fill a plastic bag with water, stick them in your shoes and pop them in the freezer. (via Better Remade)
4. Blow Dry Them: Oops! You bought your shoes a bit too small, and that’s why you can’t stand wearing them for a full day at work. Blow drying them is another trick to slightly stretch them out to the point where they’re comfortably broken in. (via Lisa Pullano)
5. Band-Aid Friction Block ($5): This Band-Aid product is a total game changer. Rub it on the sensitive spots of your foot before you put your shoes on to prevent blisters. Trust us, it’s the best $5 you’ll ever spend.
6. Sandpaper the Soles: Sometimes, heels are nearly unwearable because they’re slipping and sliding all over the place. Scuff up the bottom of your shoes with sand paper ($3) to ensure you won’t be sliding all over the place. (via Real Simple)
7. Foot Petals ($7): Let’s face it: Standing on your tip toes for hours upon hours is just not natural. Add a little padding to the balls of your feet to create a more comfortable stance.
8. Strap ‘Em In: Not only did you just upgrade your look, but you also just provided a lot of extra comfort. Strapping your feet in makes heels much more bearable, especially as you dart from place to place. (via Brit + Co)
9. Comfortable Shoes ($279): Lastly, buy shoes that are *actually* comfortable in the first place! Taryn Rose shoes feature an altered foot bed so that you can wear them without pain. And guess what? Taryn Rose herself will be at Re:Make this year talking about her awesome designs. Request a ticket here!
Do you have any tips and tricks for wearing heels all day? Chat with us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.