11 Brilliant IKEA Hacks to Transform Your Kitchen and Pantry
With its friendly price tags, it’s hard to not make IKEA a go-to source for all things home decor. And whether you’re lacking storage, counter space or a pantry, you can hack some of IKEA’s products for a completely custom look at a fraction of the cost. Don’t believe us? Just take a scroll through these brilliant hacks for your next inexpensive kitchen update. From combining bookshelves into a pantry to making an herb garden out of a wine rack, these hacks will help solve just about every kitchen conundrum.
1. Open Shelving: We’re loving open shelving in the kitchen and are definitely down to DIY our own. All you need are brackets from IKEA and the perfect piece of wood from your hardware store. (via Lemon Thistle)
3. Colorful Island: Here’s proof that sometimes all you need is a gallon of bright paint to make an IKEA piece one of a kind. You can take it even a step further and update the drawers with contact paper or thin pieces of wood. (via The Hunted Interior)
4. Bar Cart: If you’re lucky enough to have plenty of space in your kitchen for a bar, DIY your way to this fabulous gilded bar cart. We can already imagine whipping up some delicious cocktails in this pretty space. (via Sugar and Cloth)
5. Glam Touches: Update a towel rod to accommodate your needs in the kitchen. Though this is used in the entryway, we could so use this to hang measuring spoons, mugs, and kitchen towels. (via Love Create Celebrate)
7. Floating Shelves on Marble Tile: How the heck do you add shelving to marble tiled walls? Simple, with this how-to. (via Classy Clutter)
8. Bowl Lamp: Don’t know about you, but sometimes the wrong lighting makes us cringe. Design your own hanging lamp with the help of a bowl turned into a lampshade. (via Make and Tell)
9. Desk Turned Bar: Attach wallpaper to an Ikea desk for a stylish and colorful bar cart. (via PMQ for Two)
10. DIY Kitchenette: You can make IKEA cabinets and drawers look way fancier when painted and assembled with custom handles. (via Mama’s Dance)
What are your greatest IKEA hack successes? Share your stories by tagging Brit + Co on Instagram.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)