15 Flavor-Packed Indian Dishes to Spice Up Dinner This Week
You’ve been living off mason jar salads all summer long, but now that the weather is getting chillier, you’re craving cuisine with a little more comfort. Challenge yourself to think outside of the pizza box and with these exotic Indian dishes. Here are 15 delicious ideas to try.
4. Bread Dhokla: For all the gluten-free fans out there, this one’s for you! Once you mix up your batter, keep it warm overnight and then steam it for 20 minutes to achieve its delicious consistency. (via Kathy Gori on Snapguide)
7. Indian Stuffed Peppers: Stuffed with Paneer cheese and spices like turmeric, Kashmiri chili and garam masala, this isn’t your usual recipe for stuffed peppers. Serve with a side of rice and you’ll have a complete meal in no time at all. (via Kathy Gori on Snapguide)
8. Kerala Pumpkin Curry: ‘Tis the time of year for pumpkin-flavored everything, and that includes curry. This easy curry dish is quick to make and perfect for warming you up on a chilly night. (via Kathy Gori on Snapguide)
10. Laddu: Looking for a sweet morning or afternoon treat that is also gluten-free? Try some Laddu. Stuffed with nuts and golden raisins, they’re a perfect companion to your morning coffee or afternoon tea. (via Kathy Gori on Snapguide)
11. Indian Style Fries: We have a serious love of fries, and these are no exception. Flavored with serrano chilis, brown mustard seed and ground peanuts, the flavor combination is out of this world. Pan crisped, they’re also a lot healthier than the deep-fried kind. (via Kathy Gori on Snapguide)
12. Lentil Puffs: With these spicy gluten-free puffs, you can’t just eat one, so make sure you make a big enough batch to share. Usually served with a complementary dipping sauce, they make for a tasty afternoon snack break. (via Kathy Gori on Snapguide)
13. Butternut Squash Coconut Thoran: Traditionally made with chopped vegetables and spices, this dish gets its flavor from a seasonal favorite — butternut squash. It’s a delicious side for your Thanksgiving table. Bonus: It’s also really easy to make. (via Kathy Gori on Snapguide)
14. Indian Style Turnips: Spice up your dinner tonight with this flavor-packed vegetable side. An exotic twist on tyipcal turnip recipes, this dish gets its flavors from turmeric, Kasmiri chili, amuchur powder and a whole slew of other spices. (via Kathy Gori on Snapguide)
15. Payasam: Sweet, milky and incredibly fragrant, this South Indian dessert is a must-try. Made with gluten-free pasta and a combination of flavorful spices, it’s like no dessert you’ve ever come across before. This recipe is versatile enough that it can be made vegan or dairy-free. (via Kathy Gori on Snapguide)
Have a favorite Indian dish or a dish you can’t wait to try? Sound off in the comments below!