10 Ways to Bring the Outdoors Inside This Winter
If the chilly winter weather has you trapped inside and spending hours scrolling through Instagram nature pics, it’s time to infuse some life into your home. There’s no easier or more affordable way to perk up your space than by bringing some greenery inside. From ways to DIY your own indoor garden to nature-inspired home decor, these 10 essentials will definitely help keep the winter blues away. We promise.
1. Noted Basil-O-Holic Foodie Garden Kit ($20): Between endless pasta recipes and fresh pesto, you can never get enough basil. With this basil garden kit you won’t have to worry about running out. It’ll become your very own basil factory — right in your kitchen!
2. Modern Sprout Garden Jar ($20): If you don’t need an entire indoor garden but want to have some fresh herbs on hand for a dish or two, this garden jar is the perfect solution. When you’re done growing plants or herbs out of it, turn in into a cute vase to bump up your hipster street cred.
3. Monorail Studio Let’s Climb A Mountain Together Print ($25): If you don’t have a green thumb but are still craving some nature in your life, this mountain print is perfect for you. It’s got all the good vibes of the impressive outdoors with none of the maintenance that plants require.
4. Jessica Pezalla’s Paper Flowers Online Class ($19): While fresh flowers really light up a space, the unfortunate fact is that they eventually die. If you’re looking for more of a long-term investment in your floral decor, this online class teaches you all the essential skills required for crafting paper flowers, which are equally gorgeous in their own right.
5. Brit + Co Sand Art Terrarium Kit ($29): If you didn’t think terrariums could get any cooler, now you know you were wrong. This killer kit combines the glory of a terrarium with the radness of sand art for an out-of-this-world approach to natural home decor.
6. Brit + Co 3D Printed Rose ($15): While these beauties were developed for Valentine’s Day, they’re actually a super cool way to add some floral vibes to your life way past February 14. Keep them in a vase alongside the real deal or hang one on a wall for some alternative art.
7. Modern Sprout Kraft Seed Starter Kits ($17): These pretty little seed kits are an all-inclusive way to start your very own in-home garden. If you don’t have space for the real thing or you’re still dealing with some tough winter conditions, this kit is the solution that will give you fresh herbs all year round.
8. Paper to Petal by Rebecca Thuss and Patrick Farrell ($25): This book’s 75 different paper flower designs will keep you occupied all winter long. Before you know it, spring will be here and you can go out and pick the real deal. But you might not want to after discovering the glory of paper flowers.
9. Juicykits Farm-Fresh Succulent and Pot ($24): Succulents forever! These little desert plants are low maintenance and high in style, especially this one — check out those white-striped leaves!
10. Enchanted Forest Coloring Book by Johanna Basford ($16): Have a coloring party with your favorite gal pals and before you know it your walls will be covered in gorgeous hand-colored nature scenes.