10 of the Newest Beauty Launches of 2017
Um. It’s 2017. Literally WTF. When did the holidays end? Somehow, January always seems to sneak up on me — even though it’s arguably *the* best month of the year in beauty launches. Lots of beauty brands make a big splash with mega-newness this month, and 2017’s shaping up to be no exception. Here are 10 of the raddest new beauty products that are hitting shelves in January.
1. NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer ($30): NARS is at it again, y’all, with another stellar product launch that seriously delivers. This is the brand’s highest coverage concealer yet, but it still looks natural (how TF do they do that?). Its blendable, buildable, oil-free formula totally covers up any imperfections you have without ever looking cakey.
2. Dermalogica Daily Superfoliant ($58): If you’re dealing with dull skin (like lots of us are this time of year), you should give this product a try. I have been using this stuff for about a month pre-launch, and it’s made my skin much more smooth and even-toned. The best part about this resurfacer is that it’s gentle AF — seriously, even my sensitive skin loves it — so you don’t have to worry about overdoing it. Ever.
3. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara ($8) in Cobalt Blue: The cult favorite is back with a bright, cobalt blue color — say whaaaa? This mascara is some of the best EVER and it costs less than $10. The punchy hue of this new offering can take your lashes to the next level with just a couple swipes. You can opt for a more subtle look by only brushing this color onto the tips of your lashes too!
4. bareMinerals Eternalixir Skin Volumizing Oil Serum ($55): Get your skin in tip-top shape with this mineral-infused serum. A few drops of this stuff will instantly plump up your skin, making it look and feel like the skin of your earlier years ;) Beyond that, it’s super hydrating and will give major TLC to winter-parched skin.
6. Tata Harper Clarifying Spot Solution ($32): Gotta love a product that’s described as both “powerful and gentle,” especially when it comes to treating breakouts. Broccoli extract, apple seed oil and sea buckthorn work to minimize blemishes while also preventing new ones from forming.
7. Urban Decay Setting Chill Spray ($31): Urban Decay’s makeup setting sprays are some of the best out there, so the fact that they’re launching a few new versions is making beauty babes v happy. The Chill version features time-release tech that, throughout the day, cools your skin so your makeup doesn’t slip and slide off from heat. TECHNOLOGY!
8. Drybar Whiskey Fix Styling Paste ($27): That messy, undone look is *in* when it comes to your hair, and this new product from Drybar will help you achieve it. Work a bit of this paste through your hair and you’ll get instant texture, grit (in a good way) and holding power that washes out easily. If you have annoying baby hair or flyaways, this stuff is also a lifesaver.
9. FLOWER Pots Powder Blush ($9): Rosy cheeks are always on-trend. This blendable blush is super flattering on all skin tones and the pigments intensify as you layer the product — score! Swirl a fluffy blush brush in this stuff, tap it on your cheeks and you’ve got instant healthy color on your face. Boom!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)