Watch Out, Vanilla! This Is the Ultimate Scent for Relaxation
Vanilla has always been the go-to scent for making your space feel homey, but according to a study by Science Daily, floral scents like jasmine could be as calming as valium (um, what?). The study found that these scents help soothe nerves and act as “a natural remedy for stress, anxiety, depression and fatigue.” So a whiff of jasmine can help you better manage stress, and leave you sweet-smelling through those long work weeks. Sounds like a win-win, right? Pick up one (or a few!) of these jasmine-scented products to begin the pampering necessary to become a calmer, happier you — all in the name of science, of course.
1. Herbivore Botanical’s Jasmine Body Oil ($28): Forget the candle and go straight for the immersion technique with this all-natural body oil. Massage it into your skin right after a shower, and you’ll enjoy soft, hydrated skin all day long.
2. Neom Organics Real Luxury Intensive Skin Treatment Candle ($62): Is it a candle? Is it a body oil? Yes to both! After 30 minutes of burn time, this all-natural candle creates a nourishing oil that you can use to get seriously supple skin.
4. Diptyque Jasmin Candle ($60): When you think of all the stress this candle will burn up, it’s totally worth the price tag. Create a more uplifting work environment by burning it on your desk to chase those anxiety-inducing Mondays away.
5. Lush Jasmine & Henna Fluff Eaze ($24): Your skin isn’t the only thing that can benefit from a good moisturizer during the winter months. Treat those parched strands with this nutrient-rich hair treatment that will have you feeling sexy and stress-free every time you whip your hair back and forth.
6. Method Foaming Hand Wash ($4): Luxurious scents don’t have to be devoted only to luxury items. Get those stress-reducing aromas every time you wash up with a foaming soap on the bathroom sink. The grapefruit, lemon leaves and jasmine in this soap will have you washing your hands a LOT.
8. The Body Shop Jasmine & White Frangipani Home Spray ($12): Jasmine has also been rumored to have a positive effect in the bedroom. If you’re looking to boost the romance, grab this home spray and apply liberally to fresh linen, the bedroom, your body, etc.
9. Antica Farmacista ‘Orange Blossom, Lilac & Jasmine’ Home Ambiance Perfume ($66): A flameless reed diffuser can help you keep the house smelling amazing, even when you’re out on the town or running errands. Pick this one up, and get ready to come home to your own mini sanctuary.