11 CRUCIAL Workout Lessons We Learned from Jessica Alba’s Instagram
Jessica Alba is a lot of things: actress, mom (and interior designer) to adorable daughters and self-made billionaire entrepreneur (lol NBD), to name just a few. Yet somehow, this superwoman still finds the time and energy to prioritize her physical health and strength, meaning her Instagram is a non-stop motivator to stay active. Here are just a few of the ongoing tips and tricks that the Kayla Itsines fan brings into our life on a near-daily basis.
1. Box it out. Bored of your regular gym routine? Boxing is an intense workout, and one of Jessica’s go-tos for keeping on her toes and staying strong.
2. No matter what: Get your workout in. A regular caption on Jessica’s photos is “Got it in,” followed by a flex emoji, sweat emoji — you name it. Point is, it can be tough, but if you make it a point to do even a small workout, even (or especially) when you don’t want to, it’ll help you form good habits (and not to mention, be pretty rewarding).
3. Get outside! It may be low-impact, but getting out on the greens for a round of golf is a good change of scenery and routine.
4. Work out first thing in the morning, if you can. Jessica’s often pictured ready for or just finishing her workouts before the rest of her day starts. It’ll give you a boost of energy, and better yet, it gets it out of the way so you can go on with your day. No matter what else happens, you’ll feel accomplished.
5. Stay hydrated. This is just a good general habit, whether working up a sweat or not.
6. Try something unconventional. Just because it’s not on a treadmill doesn’t mean it doesn’t count.
7. Grab those weights! Cardio is good, but muscle mass is often overlooked. We’re not talking about trying to bulk up, necessarily — adding simple weight resistance routines like the above will help slow down the loss of muscle mass as you get older, plus it reduces body fat and helps burn calories better.
8. SQUAD UP. Need motivation? Find friends who’ll help hold you accountable and vice versa.
9. Go. In. Hard. Tough day? Sweat it out and don’t look back.
10. Stretch it out. Try yoga if you never have, or at the very least, look to yoga poses for good examples of warm up and cool down stretches. Even if you absolutely can’t get a work out in every day, just stretch!
11. Remember to rest. Even Jessica takes five to rest and reflect every now and then. Be like Jessica.
What’s your best fitness advice? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @jessicaalba)