20 Key Lime Recipes from Popsicles to Pies
Smaller, juicier and more tart than any of its cousins — that yellow-ish little key lime packs a punch. Consider the tiny citrus treasures a simple way to keep your favorite recipes fresh and light without sacrificing flavor. Key lime tastes great with everything from cookies to cupcakes to cocktails. Need further proof of its magnificence? Here are 20 refreshing key lime recipes for you to try right now.
4. Key Lime Pie Popsicles: How cute are these key lime pie popsicles? The full flavor of a key lime pie that you can hold in your hand. Featuring Greek yogurt, this popsicle recipe is sure to be your favorite summer treat. (via Attune Foods)
6. Coconut Key Lime Pie Martini: Next time you’re tempted to make your usual cosmo, consider this coconut key lime pie martini recipe. The tartness of lime works perfectly with vodka. Included are pineapple juice and cream of coconut with a graham cracker crumb garnish. This tropical treat is sure to be your new go-to martini-glass cocktail. (via Home Cooking Memories)
7. Creamy Key Lime Chicken Enchiladas: Chicken enchiladas are an easy dish to showcase at your next dinner party. You can prepare them in advance, and they go perfectly with key lime margaritas… (via Pillsbury)
8. Key Lime Margarita: Although the traditional margarita is made with lime juice, this version gets its signature kick from a key lime liquor. With one sip, you’ll feel like you’re lounging on the beach with your feet in the sand. (via JW Illustrations)
10. Key Lime Grilled Chicken Taco Skewers: Add some zip to a simple chicken dish with key lime and taco seasoning. It’s the perfect way to bring a fresh take to your favorite recipe. (via Little Leopard Book)
11. Key Lime Crush: Every party needs at least one non-alcoholic drink. This crush is the perfect choice for the next time you want to offer something a little more interesting than regular soft drinks. (via Amelia Marie Design)
13. Chocolate-Covered Key Lime Pie: Looking for another popsicle treat? With this recipe, you’ll make the pie first. Once chilled, cut into slices before adding popsicle sticks and dunking the slices into melted chocolate. (via So, How’s It Taste?)
16. Key Lime Banana Smoothie: Put some pep in your step first thing in the morning with a key lime banana smoothie. Combining yogurt, lime juice, milk and a banana is an easy way to get a nutritious start to your day. (via Betty Crocker)
17. Key Lime Cream Cake: A gorgeous cream cake may take some time to put together but it’s well worth the effort. Elegantly decorated with whipped cream and graham crackers, this is a cake to be savored. (via Bakerella)
19. Key Lime Fruit Dip: Perfect for potlucks, this key lime fruit dip is a yummy addition to any buffet spread. A different spin on the usual yogurt dip, it is perfectly paired with fruit, cookies and graham crackers. (via Jen’s Favorite Cookies)
20. No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake in a Jar: A key lime cheesecake is an obvious crowd-pleaser. Serving it in a jar makes it unforgettable. The fact that this recipe is a no-bake cheesecake makes assembly a snap. (via Life, Love and Sugar)
Which key lime recipe is your fave? Let us know in the comments below!