Revealing Our Brand New Kitchen Pantry!
As you may know from reading our site, we are settling well into our relatively new office space in Union Square and are excited to have one important missing piece of the puzzle finally in place: the kitchen! We teamed up with Del Monte® to fully outfit our brand new pantry, and invited some of our favorite fellow foodies over to celebrate.
First, a little more about the awesomeness in our pantry. Thanks to Del Monte® we’re now fully stocked with yummy fruits and veggies.
Naturally, we had delicious drinks and bites in tow, thanks to Natalia Bushyager of Picnic on Third.
They turned the contents of our pantry (full of Del Monte® goodies) into a truly gourmet feast, with Avocado Lime Dipper, Falafel Bites and Meatballs topped with Tangy Tomato Jam, Prosciutto, Caramelized Peach & Mozzarella Bites with Saba Glaze, Spinach Dip with Scallions and Creme Fraiche, Zesty Jalapeno Gazpacho, and decadent Deviled Eggs topped with Green Beans. Yes, please! (Be sure to scroll to the bottom for our favorite recipes from the evening!)
The goodness didn’t stop with savory dishes. There was a DIY dessert station complete with mascarpone, pound cake, brownies, dark cherries, peaches, and more. Just looking at the photo is making me a little hungry!
Of course, it wouldn’t be a Brit + Co. event without a little DIY action. Guests got to create their own custom-etched glass jars to take home to their own pantries.
For a full how-to on how to make your own jars, head to this tutorial.
And finally, everyone got a gift bag to take home, packed with Del Monte® goodies and recipes from the evening.
All in all, we couldn’t be more pleased with our brand new pantry, and can’t wait to come up with more creative ways to cook with all those yummy fruits and veggies.
As promised, here are some of the recipes we loved!
Spinach Dip with Scallions and Creme Fraiche
– 1 can (13.5 oz.) Del Monte® Leaf Spinach-No Salt Added
– 1 cup sour cream
– 1/2 cup creme fraiche
– 1/2 cup aioli (garlic mayonnaise)
– 1/2 cup small diced red pepper
– 1 jalapeno chili pepper stemmed, seeded & minced
– 1/2 cup scallions sliced very thin
– 1 lemon, zested and juiced
– salt and black pepper, optional
1. Drain spinach well, rinse and squeeze dry.
2. Mix together all ingredients and season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
3. Refrigerate several hours or overnight to blend flavors. Serve with crudite & cracked coriander pita chips.
Avocado Lime Dipper
– 1 can (15 oz.) Del Monte® Sweet Peas-No Salt Added, drained
– 4 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
– 1 medium jalapeno chili pepper, (seeded, if desired)
– 3 limes, zested & juiced
– 2 cloves garlic, peeled
– 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
– salt to taste
1. Combine all ingredients (except cilantro) in a blender or food processor; process until smooth
2. Season with salt & more lime juice if necessary. Mix in chopped cilantro.
3. Serve with cracked coriander pita chips and crudite.
Tangy Tomato Jam
– 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) Del Monte® Diced Tomatoes, drained
– 2 shallots, minced
– 4 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
– 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
– 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
– 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
– 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
– 1/4 tsp. paprika
– 1/4 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
– salt & black pepper to taste
1. Combine all ingredients in a large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until tomatoes are very tender and thickened, stirring frequently, mashing large tomato pieces with back of a spoon.
What are your pantry essentials? Talk to us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)