9 Kitchen Hacks That Will Make Cooking Easy Peasy
Raise your hand if you hate buying kitchen utensils that only serve one purpose. Is your hand raised? Great — we’re right there with you. When a kitchen is already limited in space, the last thing we want to do is fill it with gadgets we’re only going to use a few times a year. So if we can get creative with the type of food we’re preparing, why not think outside the box of tools we’re making it with? We’ve collected 9 of our favorite hacks that will have you looking for excuses to spend more time in the kitchen.
1. The Envelope Funnel: We’re still suckers for handwritten cards, and keeping those envelopes around can actually serve a purpose in the kitchen. Just cut off one of the corners and you’ll never have to worry about making a mess again. (via Martha Stewart)
3. Cookie Cutter Sprinkles: We believe a cake is not truly fit for a party until sprinkles are involved. Use a simple cookie cutter for cake decorating to really bring the party to life. (via Little Life of Mine)
4. An Egg Shell for an Eggshell: Real life is not like the movies where the egg always perfectly cracks into the bowl. Luckily, all it takes to get an eggshell out of your batter is another eggshell. Who knew? (via Greatist)
5. Waffle Iron Brownies: We’re always amazed at the number of creations that can come from a waffle iron. However, warm brownies within minutes have to be at the top of our list. (via Tea and Cookies Blog)
7. Muffin Pan Tacos: It’s amazing how much can be created just by looking at something from a new perspective. Believe it or not, the bottom side of a muffin pan can be great for heating and molding tortillas for mini appetizers. (via Brit + Co)
8. Cookie Cutter Pancakes: Not only are cookie cutters great for dessert and cakes, but they work well for breakfast too! Use ’em to mold pancakes or fried eggs for a cute addition to your morning meal. (via Alice and the Mock Turtle)
9. Old Shirt Apron: Recycle all of those old button-ups you haven’t worn in years and turn them into cute aprons that will keep your new clothes stain-free. You could even make a few extra for Mother’s Day gifts this year. (via Love Grows Wild)
What are your favorite kitchen hacks? Tell us in the comments!