Channel Lauren Conrad With These 15 Winning Wedding Pies
Making your wedding day as unique as you and your betrothed can be such an exciting challenge. Beyond cake toppers and color schemes, exploring alternatives to wedding cake is a great way to go. These 15 recipes serve up the hottest pastry trend right now: pie. You can go classic and all-American like LC did with her wedding apple pie or borrow a similar, layered look to cake with a stacked creation, and so much more!
2. Blueberry, Coconut and Lemon Stack Pie: You only need a tiny sliver of this multi-layered pie to satisfy your sweet tooth. A layer of lemony frosting spread between each allows for a more sturdy construction, and adds a welcome amount of flavor at the same time. (via SBS Feast Magazine)
4. Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie: Using a pre-made pie shell means this fluffy peanut butter mousse and chocolate frosting creation couldn’t be much easier to make. Major bonus: No baking required! (via Foodness Gracious)
6. Salted Caramel Apple Tartlets: We’re loving how simply arranging apple slices vertically transforms them into almost rose-like creations. It’s a great way to incorporate a little more floral action into your day without spending a whole lot. (via Platings and Pairings)
9. Raw Coconut Cream Dream Pie: You only need a handful of ingredients to make this delightfully creamy and nutty no-bake pie. Add a few edible flowers as a garnish to make it even more worthy of a wedding. (via Lyndsey Eden)
12. Key Lime Pie Pops: Add some tropical flair to your big day with these salted-chocolate-covered key lime pie pops. Employing a few healthy ingredient swaps makes them surprisingly healthy, yet no less delicious than their full-fat counterparts. (via Feedfeed)
13. Banana-Chocolate-Coconut-Cream Stack Pie: If banana cream pie isn’t your style, feel free to swap it out by going with a double (or triple) batch of bourbon-spiked chocolate cream instead. (via Sifting Focus)
14. Mini Fudge Brownie Tarts: We’d totally abandon tradition entirely in favor of brownies baked in a buttery crust. Topped with a dollop of hot fudge sauce and a sprinkle of chopped nuts, all that’s missing is a nice scoop of ice cream. (via Urban Bakes)
What kind of pie would you consider inviting to star in your big day? Share your faves with us below!