10 Top Apps to Live Stream Your Life
Move over, Snapchat and Instagram. It’s not enough to simply share your life through just photos or short videos anymore. It’s time to upgrade your social sharing habits and start livestreaming. Yep, a slew of new apps spearheaded by Meerkat and Periscope aim to help you share your life with friends and strangers through live video. Whether you’re sharing a moment with just one person or you want to broadcast your day to the entire web, these apps will get you up to speed with the livestreaming game.
1. Hang w/: Hang w/ wants to replace all your social media accounts by offering authentic streaming video between you and your friends wherever they are. One app for all things social? Sounds good to us! (Free on iOS and Android)
2. Glide: This app gives you the option to livestream or record and view video later. Using cloud storage also allows for unlimited sending and receiving of large video files without ever impacting your phone’s storage (score!). It’s perfect for keeping in touch with out-of-town family and friends. (Free on iOS and Android)
3. Vive: Vive promises to introduce you to the friends you never knew you had. It’s a members-only video club that allows you to search a huge variety of topics and connect instantly with someone who can discuss it. (Free on iOS)
4. Periscope: Want to broadcast that epic sunset minute-by-minute? This app will let you do just that. Periscope is also unique because it allows you to replay previous broadcasts and has privacy options in case you want to only broadcast to select friends. You can also be notified when other users nearby are streaming. (Free on iOS)
5. Teleparty: If you’re new to livestreaming, Teleparty is a simple way to get started. Just open the app at the same time as your friends and you’ll be able to talk to any of them with just one tap of the finger. (Free on iOS)
7. Watch Me Work: Livestreaming isn’t just for your smartphone, people. If you want to brush up on your Adobe skills, follow the creative process of others at work with this app.
8. Making Live: Anything with the word “make” in the title automatically has our attention. From makeup applications to programming, this site allows users to seek out live video of experts creating just about anything.
9. Rounds: This is probably your best bet for livestreaming with a small group of friends. Up to a dozen users can share photos, text on-screen and even take snapshots of your group calls. (Free on iOS and Android)
Do you use any livestreaming apps? Any that we missed here? Let us know in the comments below!
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)