These 9 Looks from Madewell’s New Collection Will Have You Excited for Fall
The fashion calendar is completely out of whack. After Fashion Week gets you all hot and bothered for new trends, you have to wait six whole months before you can even think about buying them. Talk about a tease. Some brands are taking matters into their own hands by changing the calendar to reflect how we actually want to shop — and Madewell is one of them. Your fave denim-and-more store just released its Fall 2016 collection lookbook, and we can’t get enough. The clothes, shoes, bags and accessories are available for pre-order right now. This way, you’re guaranteed to get your hands on those standout pieces before the merch hits stores on July 26.
1. FauxDenim DIY: Personalizing your denim via DIY is fun, but it ain’t for everyone. Brands started adding personalized-for-you badges this summer, and at Madewell it’s really gaining steam. This cool denim jacket comes with iron-on badges and is accessorized with Pintrill pins. Plus, the jacket can easily transition to cooler temps when paired with a sweater or hoodie.
2. School Girl Chic: While your school days may be behind you, you can still channel your inner Gossip Girl courtesy of a pleated skirt, boyfriend shirt and tweed jacket. Don’t forget — the three rules for fall 2016 dressing are layers, layers and more layers!
3. The New Canadian Tuxedo: Clogs and mules are definitely the must-have shoes for fall. Madewell perfectly pairs them with a denim dress that is so easy to wear, you can forgo accessories completely. Add a scarf, blazer, denim jacket or belt (or none of the above) — whatever! This dress is guaranteed to be your fall wardrobe staple.
4. Nubby Knits: We know that plunging temps and knitwear go hand in hand, but steering clear of the battle of the bulk can be tricky. With this Desert Valley fringe cardigan, Madewell shows us how to master the art of layering. It is so absolutely perfect for fall (or even a chilly summer night), with the perfect mix of handcrafted charm and fashion-forward elegance. Couple it with the Lisbon saddlebag to add a bit of color to a toned-down look.
5. One-and-Done Plaid: You probably already have a denim, khaki or olive green jumpsuit in your closet, but what about plaid? This tartan number is equal parts stylish, grunge and comfy. Wear with sneakers, pumps or a nice pair of boots for ready-made style.
6. Shearling Moto Jacket: This is not your average shearling jacket. For fall, Madewell flips the script — err, fabric — and uses shearling to make a cool and cozy moto-style jacket.
7. Knit on Knit: Layers are the name of the game this fall, which is why we love this OOC knit look. To really tap into cool weather coziness, layer your knits. But when it really gets cold, add a pair of knit tights to seal the deal.
8. Throwback Denim: Is anyone else getting serious That ’70s Show vibes? Because this look is totally Donna. This textured oversized sweater in muted hues is the perfect piece for mellow fall vibes, and looks just as good with flared jeans as it does with a pair of white skinnies.
9. Soft Suede Biker: Give last year’s moto an update by investing in this dusty tan suede jacket. If you miss the edge of your classic black topper, just pair this number with leather culottes to push your look into overdrive.
Looking for more fall outfit inspiration? Visit us on Pinterest for more!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Madewell)