5 Commute Essentials: Taylor + Blake like You’ve Never Seen Them Before + More!
You may be reveling in the much-needed long weekend still, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start preparing yourself (mentally, physically and emotionally) for the shorter four days of commutes looming over your head. Tune in to a podcast relevant to all millennials, follow a celeb-focused food art Insta, flip through a biting memoir and DL two must-have apps for your rides to + fro this week. Hey, just because it’s a four-day workweek doesn’t mean we skimped on the picks. Now get busy consuming!
1. Millennial (Available on iTunes + Soundcloud): Everyone in their 20s is always asking themselves, “What am I doing with my life? What’s the next step? How do I make it in the real world?” These are the questions producer + host Megan Tran discusses as she experiences them in real time in this podcast every millennial gal will benefit from. Whether you’ve got Qs about enduring an uncomfortable situation, taking risks or processing excitement or anxiety in the right way, Megan’s got her responses, whether right or wrong, to how she’s reacted in hopes to help you out.
2. Follow @mariesaba for Famous Faces as Food Art: Start your days off with pop culture-related food porn all fitting on a gorgeous white plate. Head to this chef’s feed to see everyone from Blake + Tay to Yoda + Elsa recreated with fries, fruits, toast, pecans and the rest of the kitchen sink. Pro tip: Grab an on-the-go breakfast before checking this one out as it will make you hungry (for more content + food).
3. Fat Girl Walking: Sex, Food, Love and Being Comfortable in Your Skin…Every Inch of It by Brittany Gibbons (Available on Amazon, Barnes + Noble, Books-A-Million, Google Play, iBooks, IndieBound): This model-blogger-body image advocate-TED speaker and adult summer camp owner (!) recently released a page-turning collection of stories about her life, thoughts on issues she’s faced as a woman, mother, wife, daughter and being an internet personality. If you’re into insights on body positivity from a gal who knows a thing or two about speaking her mind on the topic — with a side of funny family stories — this is the essential next route to work read for you.
4. SoAwkward (Free on iOS): Turn those awkward public transit moments on your way to the office into LOL-worthy tweets shared with everyone. DL this app to see real-time and curated #soawkward moments one shake at a time. You’ll be reveling in all the uncomfortableness, while also probably coming up with some worthy awk moments of your own to contribute to the fun.
5. Quickie (Free on iOS + Android): iMessaging and plain ol’ text have become dull, so step up your morning (and all day, everyday) communication game with this messaging app. Share sketches, animated photos and even video + audio messages with your BFFs right away. Like Snapchat, these messages disappear after being viewed, so no need to worry about that goofy selfie popping up on one of your social media feeds a few days after while you’re heading into work.
Which are your commute picks? Let us know in the comments.
(Featured photos via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty + Jamie McCarthy/Getty)