With Mother’s Day coming up this weekend, it’s time to cheers to yo mama! We can’t think of a better way to celebrate mom this weekend than with a fun cocktail. Fresh fruit gives these sippers that perfect touch of “homemade” that shows you care, without all the fuss of making a huge brunch. We’ll admit, we’re using the term mimosa pretty loosely – only one of these has sparkling wine, but they all have tons of sparkle. Plus, how much do you love the term mom-osa? :)
For all of these, you’ll need a martini shaker. And on a non-Mother’s Day note, these mimosas are so yummy, you should probably bookmark them for brunch parties all year round.
1. Grapefruit Thyme Fizz: We’ve unofficially dubbed this one the Pink Mama Martini. It’s light, fragrant, and so refreshing.
– 1 1/2 cups of grapefruit juice
– 1 cup sparkling water
– 1 cup ice
– 2 ounces of vodka
– fresh grapefruit and thyme sprigs for garnish
Slice the grapefruit into wedges. Wash and pat dry the thyme. Put ice and grapefruit juice into the shaker.
Next add the vodka. Tip: the small lid of the martini shaker measures one ounce, the same as a one shot! Pour in the sparkling water. This may fizz up, so pour slowly.
Shake everything together. Strain the the liquid from the ice into martini glasses. Garnish with thyme sprigs and grapefruit wedges.
Perfect, smooth cocktail for mom to enjoy with brunch this weekend!
2. Cherry Orange Tequila Sunrise: Orange you thankful for your Mama? Maybe you and your Mom want to celebrate Cinco de Mayo all over again! In that case, this is the perfect drink for you.
– 2 cups orange juice
– 1 cup ice
– 2 ounces of silver tequila
– 2 ounces of maraschino cherry juice
– Maraschino cherries for garnish
Combine ice, orange juice, maraschino cherry juice and tequila into shaker. Strain into glasses and garnish with cherries.
Perfect accompaniment for breakfast in bed! The maraschino cherry juice gives the drink a bright color and a touch of extra sweetness.
3. Sparkling Strawberry Mimosa: What mom doesn’t deserve a sparkling toast this weekend? Cheers the lady-who-made-ya with this take on a strawberry mimosa!
– 2 cups sparkling wine
– 1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
– 1 cup ice
– tools: blender
Don’t like pulp? Juice the strawberries using a Vitamix or other juicer. No juicer and still hate pulp? Strain after blending using this method. Otherwise, start by washing and dicing the strawberries.
Blend ice, sparkling wine and strawberries together until smooth. Strain pulp using a cheese cloth if you like.
Serve in champagne flutes and garnish with a strawberry. Bottoms up!
What is your favorite way to toast your mom? Any other special stuff you’re making her this Sunday? Tell us in the comments!