Morning Buzz: Brady Bunch Matriarch Florence Henderson Has Died + More
Some sad news about a Hollywood icon leads this morning’s top news stories. Check that and more out below.
1. Some people, like Florence Henderson, just seem timeless, so it’s a shock this morning to hear that she has passed away at the age of 82 from heart failure, according to the New York Times. “She was quite active until she started not feeling well several days ago,” Florence’s publicist David Brokaw said. “It was felt that she would just bounce back from it.” Sending our thoughts to her family.
Dear @GilmoreGirls fans,
We're back tomorrow because of you, and I couldn't be more thankful. Hope you enjoy.
— Lauren Graham (@thelaurengraham) November 24, 2016
2. IT’S HERE. THE GILMORE GIRLS IS FINALLY HERE. This is a spoiler-free zone, but know going into it that ~critics~ are largely on board, calling the feel-good binge a comforting continuation of the original show — not a cheap rehash. HAPPY GILMORE WEEKEND.
3. Taylor Swift and her squad did a beachside #MannequinChallenge on Thanksgiving, because of course they did. Looks cold.
4. So uh, Green Party presidential nominee Jill Stein has raised $5 million for an election vote recount in three states? In a recent New York Magazine story, cybersecurity experts said the results in three states seemed suspicious and that Hillary Clinton’s campaign should contest the results there. Hillary’s campaign didn’t show much interest in doing so, and since you need a candidate on the ballot to do it, Jill Stein raised the money. She first set a goal to raise $2.5 million, and is now at nearly $5 million. Her website states that “we cannot guarantee a recount will happen in any of these states we are targeting. We can only pledge we will demand recounts in those states.” What a time to be alive. (Photo via Win McNamee/Getty)
TONY BENNETT ALMOST FELL OFF THE FLOAT BUT MISS PIGGY CAUGHT HIM pic.twitter.com/CVItoV99Rs
— Lindsay Whiteman (@LindzWhiteman) November 24, 2016
5. Miss Piggy was a HERO in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. TBH, Miss Piggy is a hero literally always, but yesterday, Tony Bennett slipped and stumbled a little bit on the float the two of them were sharing, and she caught him before he fell. Get this woman a Presidential Medal!
6. Quote of the day: “I love being challenged to find a more creative and compassion response to every situation that arises…I love being humbled, and schooled.” Eat, Pray, Love author Elizabeth Gilbert shares a lovely list of things she is thankful for in a “rough” year.
What are you most thankful for this year? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)