Morning Buzz! Once Upon a Time Star Emilie de Ravin Shares Her IRL Fairytale Engagement + More
Happy Thursday, ya’ll! From sparkly engagement bling to your new favorite meme, here are six of today’s top news items to check out.
1. “Belle’s” real-life happily ever after looks good on her! The star of Once Upon A Time shared the news of her engagement to bf Eric Bilitch on Instagram, with a picture of her GORGEOUS ring and the caption, “So excited!!! I love you @ericbilitch.” The classic ring emoji doesn’t do this sparkly thang justice. The couple welcomed their first child in March as well, so it’s already been a huge year for them. Congrats to the happy couple!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 7, 2016
2. Just when you thought the Presidential race couldn’t get any weirder, Trump goes and drags Frozen into it. Yep, you read that right — Elsa and Olaf have been dragged into the election crosshairs after Trump tweeted a photo of a Frozen book with a six-point star on it, asking if it was the Star of David and wondering why people weren’t also outraged by the book’s cover. He’s referring to a highly criticized (and since-deleted) tweet that featured a Photoshop of Clinton with a six-pointed star, which evoked anti-Semitic imagery. Clinton clapped back at Trump, asking if he wanted to build a strawman. 2016!
3. Snapchat is making a MAJOR update. Moments might not have worked so well for Twitter, but we’re betting that Memories is going to be FIRE for Snapchat. The new feature will allow you to save, search, and share previous snaps from right within the app. Fear not — you’ll be able to password-protect a section if you need to keep your racier pics under wraps. This might take some of the immediacy away from the app, but there’s no doubt this will make it as addictive as Instagram. Memories begins rolling out today, so check that app!
— Abby Feiner (@arfeiner) July 5, 2016
4. The Internet thinks Ryan Reynolds has been kidnapped by Taylor Swift. Tay’s Fourth of July bash is truly the gift that keeps on giving. The latest gift is the meme-ification of the now-famous Instagram-official porch pic, which zooms in on Ryan Reynolds’ sad-looking mug and captions it with cries for help. “My concern at this point is less about the legitimacy of Hiddleswift and more about extracting Ryan Reynolds,” one person tweeted, suggesting a mission to save him and calling it “Zero Dark Swifty.” Oh, Internet. Never change.
5. Let us all aspire to be as free as this woman someday — actually, scratch that. Starting right now. 90-year-old Dorothy Williams performed a burlesque striptease on America’s Got Talent, wowing judges and automatically advancing to the semi-finals thanks to judge Nick Cannon’s Golden Buzzer. “When I get on that stage, I want to prove that you’re never too old to follow your dreams,” she said, and then we all wept and applauded because #goals.
6. Quote of the day: “I couldn’t speak for a while and I don’t remember a lot of my ‘lucid’ time, but… I stopped a nurse – like it was an emergency – furiously wrote down a note and gave it to her. When she looked at it, it just said, ‘Do you live with your mother?’ next to a drawing of a penis.” Sarah Silverman reveals that she was in the ICU and near death with a freak illness last week, but is an inspiration in keeping her sense of humor even in the darkest moments.
Do you live by the saying that laughter is the best medicine? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured image via Frazer Harrison/Getty)