Morning Buzz! The “Pretty Little Liars” Finale Made the Cast Just As Emotional As the Rest of Us + More
The Pretty Little Liars girls say goodbye and Twitter is freaking out over Rihanna’s mystery man in this morning’s top news stories. Check those and more out below in the Wednesday Morning Buzz!
1.Pretty Little Liars ended a wild seven-year run with a fitting finale last night, and the cast of the show was just as emotional as the rest of us over its end. The show’s stars took to Instagram to share heart-wrenching memories and reflections and, well, we’re not crying, you’re crying! Shay Mitchell said her character Emily “changed her as a person,” Troian Bellisario said the show taught her patience and new skills, Lucy Hale’s throwback pic did the talking for her as she found herself speechless (“For me to be speechless says a lot.”), and Sasha Pieterse got uber mushy on her PLL family. Ashley Benson perhaps summed it up best by offering a heartfelt thank you to the fans. “I LOVE YOU GUYS,” she wrote to accompany her goodbye vid. “Thank you for coming on this journey with me and the rest of the cast for the last seven years. Without all of you watching every week none of this would’ve been possible.” No, PLL cast, thank YOU.
2. Twitter is freaking out over Rihanna’s mystery man. Amid rumors that Drake might have a new lady, his ex Rihanna was spotted smooching a new guy while on vacation in Spain this week. Once fans got a look at the pics, shared by the Daily Mail, they went into extra overdrive. While many shared gifs of what Drake’s reaction might be upon seeing the pictures, most fans were cheering for Rhi being happy, while also making it clear that they needed all the details, stat. (Same, TBH).
3. The Big Bang Theory star Johnny Galecki’s house burned down in a massive fire. A wildfire in San Luis Obispo County, California, claimed Galecki’s ranch, with many other homes evacuated as the 1,500-acre fire raged through the area. Galecki hasn’t yet commented on the fire, but was luckily unharmed, with fans sending condolences via his Instagram comments. (h/t People, photo via Michael Loccisano/Getty)
4. Tommy Hilfiger designed his daughter Ally’s wedding dress, and it’s GORGE. Having a designer for a dad pays off! Ally Hilfiger married her longtime BF Steve Hash in a beach wedding this weekend, and the bride wore custom Tommy in the form of a super simple and sleek V-neck silk slip. The lacy, embroidered hooded cape, featuring deep blue detailing along the hem, made for her standout piece. Perhaps Mr. Hilfiger should think about selling some copycat versions of these? (h/t People)
5. Lindsay Lohan wants Emma Stone to star in Mean Girls 2 with her. How do we make this happen?! Lohan tweeted an early birthday wish (her b-day’s July 2) to have Emma Stone make a Mean Girls sequel with her, even posting a (now-deleted) Instagram montage of the two of them sharing some pretty similar looks over the years. The birthday requests didn’t stop there — Lohan also tweeted to her old ’90s galpals Paris Hilton and Britney Spears to invite them to her birthday party in Greece this weekend. She also included Beyoncé in the invite, because why not?!
6. Quote of the day: “Well done is better than well said.” Benjamin Franklin reminds us all to get moving — and get through this Hump Day!
How do you stay motivated mid-week? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)