How to Live Like the Most Stylish Person on Instagram
When the Council of Fashion Designers of America announced a few weeks back that it was bestowing a brand-new award to the Instagrammer of the Year, we knew that more than our feeds were in for a sartorial upgrade. After Insta-stalking the eight #OOTD elites — all of whom were hand picked by top fashion influencers including CFDA nominees Rachel Zoe, the Coveteur and the Editorialist — it was clear that their hyper styled profiles were also beaming with creative living inspiration, and we liked our hearts away. So 100,000 votes later, an Instagrammer has been officially crowned by his posting peers, and the #winner is: @aguynamedpatrick — or IRL, Patrick Janelle.
The “Man about town” is the director of Spring St. Social Society, a debonair NYC-based collective that hosts one-of-a-kind experiences from cabarets to coursed dinners, and his Instas reflect that eclectic creative culture he’s movin’ + shakin’ in. Balanced with nom-worthy pics and gorg galavanting, his feed is so exquisitely curated that it could be a lifestyle guide all on its own. Want to live like the most stylish person on Instagram? Scroll through our favorite snaps to see how.
1. Find beauty in everything. The caption reads “I’m a sucker for decorative cinderblock.” Turns out so are we.
2. Befriend a badass barista. It’s not just the Inasta-worthy latte art that we’re craving — where can we get our hands on that tortoise shell patterned spoon?
3. Show off your city in a way that no one’s ever seen. A dreamy portrait of the glow of NYC’s most iconic skyscrapers, as seen on a sunset bike ride.
4. Master the art of #foodporn, even with the messiest of meals. Get schooled on how to make a jalepeño hot dog look its best. The answer: Pantone colored plates and a pink pop from watermelon.
5. Amp up every occasion with bunting. If you ask us, it’s not a real party until the pendants are up!
6. Go glamping. Duh. We want to peep the closet space inside that studio-sized tent.
7. Know how to desk-cessorize. Enviable workspace? We think so.
8. Take artsy #shoefies. Yes, those red fringed loafers are WAY fab, but it’s more about the slip ons in this pic: From the clusters on the floor to the color of the chair, everything pops.
9. Give a shot out to your fave makers. What better way to inspire creativity?
10. Shop the BritList. Seriously, this bonkers float is something we’d totally feature on our weekly roundup of all things wacky + wonderful on the WWW. But that’s not the only place you can find our curated guide to creative buys — have you visited the B+C Shop yet?
Who’s your favorite Instagrammer? Share your most-liked feeds in the comments below!
(h/t The Cut)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.