How to Live Like the Most Stylish Person on Instagram
When the Council of Fashion Designers of America announced a few weeks back that it was bestowing a brand-new award to the Instagrammer of the Year, we knew that more than our feeds were in for a sartorial upgrade. After Insta-stalking the eight #OOTD elites — all of whom were hand picked by top fashion influencers including CFDA nominees Rachel Zoe, the Coveteur and the Editorialist — it was clear that their hyper styled profiles were also beaming with creative living inspiration, and we liked our hearts away. So 100,000 votes later, an Instagrammer has been officially crowned by his posting peers, and the #winner is: @aguynamedpatrick — or IRL, Patrick Janelle.
The “Man about town” is the director of Spring St. Social Society, a debonair NYC-based collective that hosts one-of-a-kind experiences from cabarets to coursed dinners, and his Instas reflect that eclectic creative culture he’s movin’ + shakin’ in. Balanced with nom-worthy pics and gorg galavanting, his feed is so exquisitely curated that it could be a lifestyle guide all on its own. Want to live like the most stylish person on Instagram? Scroll through our favorite snaps to see how.
1. Find beauty in everything. The caption reads “I’m a sucker for decorative cinderblock.” Turns out so are we.
2. Befriend a badass barista. It’s not just the Inasta-worthy latte art that we’re craving — where can we get our hands on that tortoise shell patterned spoon?
3. Show off your city in a way that no one’s ever seen. A dreamy portrait of the glow of NYC’s most iconic skyscrapers, as seen on a sunset bike ride.
4. Master the art of #foodporn, even with the messiest of meals. Get schooled on how to make a jalepeño hot dog look its best. The answer: Pantone colored plates and a pink pop from watermelon.
5. Amp up every occasion with bunting. If you ask us, it’s not a real party until the pendants are up!
6. Go glamping. Duh. We want to peep the closet space inside that studio-sized tent.
7. Know how to desk-cessorize. Enviable workspace? We think so.
8. Take artsy #shoefies. Yes, those red fringed loafers are WAY fab, but it’s more about the slip ons in this pic: From the clusters on the floor to the color of the chair, everything pops.
9. Give a shot out to your fave makers. What better way to inspire creativity?
10. Shop the BritList. Seriously, this bonkers float is something we’d totally feature on our weekly roundup of all things wacky + wonderful on the WWW. But that’s not the only place you can find our curated guide to creative buys — have you visited the B+C Shop yet?
Who’s your favorite Instagrammer? Share your most-liked feeds in the comments below!
(h/t The Cut)
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.