Motivational Monday: Get Sketching + Painting This Year (+ Get 20% Off Illustration Classes!)
It’s all too easy to get into a creative rut after the holidays — all that running around finding gifts (or making them!) can sure get exhausting. But 2017 is a fresh, new year, and what better way to get those creative juices flowing again than some DIY? Whether you need something to do over the weekend, or you’re freezing your tootsies off and want to update your wardrobe, we’ve got you. Or maybe you want to make some thank you cards or party invitations, or even just something pretty to hang on your wall. Guess what? We’ve got you covered there too. Check out our popular illustration classes and get a sweet-as-conversation-hearts 20 percent off your purchase.
HERE ARE THE DETAILS
OUR MOST POPULAR ILLUSTRATION CLASSES
1. Watercolor Painting Online Class: In this class, full-time artist Jenna Rainey will teach you the basics of watercolors. You’ll learn how to build color palettes and mix colors, which brush types and strokes to use (and when), and how to paint beautiful floral shapes. Your new paintings would make a perfect gift for your gal pals on Valentine’s Day, or even your mom for Mother’s Day!
2. Sketching Online Class: The creative director of Very Mary Inspired, Mary Phan, is here to teach you the basics of sketching. You’ll learn everything from how to hold your pencil to how to create shadows and depth in your artwork. When you’re done, you’ll have some gorgeous geometric floral art pieces to do with as you wish.
3. Custom Stationery Online Class: Liz Maute Cooke, founder and creative director of Lionheart Prints, is going to teach you how to create your own beautiful stationery. You’ll learn the best ways to use watercolors on blank cards, how to dip-dye and use heat embossing and even how to line your envelopes. When you’re done, you’ll have a set of cards with a style that’s uniquely yours.
4. Intro to Ink Illustration Online Class: Hom Sweet Hom‘s Lauren Hom will teach you how to use your everyday environment to create adorable art. You’ll learn basic drawing techniques, how to create snazzy design layouts and how to add lettering to your designs. We smell a visual journal in the works!
5. Illustration With Watercolor Online Class: Can’t get enough of watercolors? We don’t blame you. In this class, watercolorist Meera Lee Patel will show you how to create color wheels and palettes, how to blend and shade and how to paint animals. Now you can decorate your home with beautiful handmade art, or wrap it up and give it as a gift.
Once you buy one of our classes, it’s yours forever! So you can watch it as many times as you need to perfect your craft.
Show us your finished masterpieces on Instagram by tagging @BritandCo and using the hashtag #iamcreative.